Happy Wishes - Beaded Embellishment Tutorial

Okay so you may have noticed, I've been loooooving all things beads lately! And I've found yet another way to love them even more. 

I don't know if you remember this post a little while back, with the little beaded heart on a popsicle? Well I've been meaning to try the same technique but with beads, so today's card does just that!


I started this card with cardstock background and some confetti paper on the top portion of the card, and some gingham on the bottom. I then added a rosette stamp, and a die-cut doily from Papertrey Ink's Doily Details die. 

Just above that, I added a fluffy bow and a coordinating button. 

For the heart, I used the same technique as in this post
And for the itty bits, I used a collection of glass beads, tiny felt hearts, and tiny cardstock diecuts. 
I am sooo in love with how this little heart looks. 

It's hard to tell in a photo, but it sparkles and shines so beautifully when the card is held. I can't wait to make more!


Just atop the heart, I added a little die-cut sentiment from My Favorite Things Cause for Celebration, and a tiny clothespin.


Below, another little stamped sentiment and a few buttons. Oh and this pretty trim! 
This was one of my fave finds at the most AH-MAZING store ever in New York -  MJ Trimmings. I would love to tell you I was good and spent little time or money while there, but that would be a lie! Knowing that I don't always have the option to browse isles upon isles of stunning ribbon is a bit like only getting to eat your favorite food once every few years. And, while I wish that it was closer and dream of how wonderful it would be to get lost in trim all day long, every day, I think I would be in trouble if a store as such was just around the corner ;)

Happy wishes for a wonderful day!

Ivana

19 comments

  1. Such a lovley card. I love the pretty colors you used and the lovely border at the bottom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ivana, truly this is one of the sweetest cards ever ! : )
    Delightful and so lovely. The textures and layers - - simply
    a wonderful creation. Thank you for sharing. ( I too would
    be in trouble in a 'ribbon store' like that :)Hugs, Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, Karen! Thank you so much! Yes, a store full or ribbon or any lovely craft supplies is absolutely my kryptonite!

      Delete
  3. This one is a real stunner my dear Ivana! I'm so glad I could help with this small problem and everything is O.K now. We have been missing you, you know xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for an amazing and kind words my dear Ivana, you are my muse and I adore your art! xoxo Aneta p.s can't wait for more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My dear friend, thank your for all your sweet words and support! I feel the same about your beautiful art and I've sooo been loving visits to your sweet little blog! You always inspire me :)

      Delete
  5. I like your mix of playful patterns! You've used one of my favorite PTI die cuts, that sweet doily. This is delightful Ivana. So happy you got your comment problem fixed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you Lisa! The doily is also one of my fave PTI dies :) It's just so classic and and goes with everything! I really need to use it more often...

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! I looove your beautiful blog too! I'll be sure to visit again very soon for some inspiration :)

      Delete
  7. Beautiful and sweet!

    I'm so glad you found the glitch and worked out the comments.

    Fonda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Fonda! I am so glad too :) Sending you hugs!

      Delete
  8. Hi Goddess Of Whimsy, thanks so much for acknowledging my comment on today's blog. I never expected for you to answer me back, I was just sincerely worried by your absence. Sadly I don't have a blog, I am a little bit technologically impaired ( a term that I invented to describe my shortcomings within this area), but I can send you some pictures of my work so that you can pass tender judgment on them.
    Just very happy to have you back and bestowing all of your followers with your OH SO SUBLIME CREATIONS!

    Cariños,
    María Alba

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maria, thank you so much for all the love and care! I am so glad I finally saw your comment:) Don't worry I am also not the best with tech, so I understand!! But I would LOVE to see your creations if you feel like sharing! Sending many hugs and thanks for all of your support! xo

      Delete
  9. This is a beautiful card Ivana!! Love the beads and lace!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Betty Sue! I've been a little addicted to beads and lace lately....

      Delete
  10. It is refreshing to see you back in action and reaching out ...you matter and your followers just love you to pieces :) I have really enjoyed the Ivana touch on your cards and tags :) Just know this girlie here in Oklahoma will always be smiling and enjoying each posting :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dara Lynn!! I am so glad to see you again and so very grateful for your visits and support! Sending you big hugs all way from Canada! :)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment. I appreciate it so much!