Warm Wishes - Altenew and Papertrey Ink

Happy Saturday!
It's looking a whole lot like winter here, and snow is all around us! Naturally, cozy cards are on my mind, so today I'm sharing a quick little number that  just might warm even the coldest of days :)


I started this card with a patterned paper journal card, complete with polka dots, and a striped heart. I love pulling colors from paper patterns, and I thought the combination of burnt orange and red was perfect for a comforting vibe. I added some mustard to the mix and a wee bit of yellow as well.


I framed my sweet cup with these beautiful stamped branches using Altenew's Floral Frame stamp set. 
I colored some leaves selectively, and also added a few berries using PTI's Holiday Hugs stamp and die set. I used colors of Smokey Shadow, Pure Poppy, Terracotta Tile, and Saffron Spice to match the cozy hues. 


For the striped mug, I used an older stamp set from The Craft's Meow (no longer available), but I did find this sweet stamp that would work perfectly! I embossed the image, and then added the stripes with a Copic marker. The snowflake is also from PTI's Holiday Hugs MIM kit. 


At the bottom, I used the kit stamp for the sentiment, and to add a few stenciled snowflakes. 

I hope you're all staying warm in your craftrooms! 

Thanks for your visits :)

Ivana


3 comments

  1. Love love this card Ivana!! Beautiful work and yes the colors are perfect to warm us right up!(isn't it funny, even 'looking' at a steaming mug makes me want to go fix another cup of tea! lol) Your layering is amazing and the thought you put into it. Nice work! Hugs to you, karen o

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love every little pretty thing about this card! The colors are warm and wonderful, the polka dots...well those are always a good thing and the branches framing everything are a delight!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love looking out at a snowy scene as long as I don't have to go anywhere--haha! What a sweet card--love the colors & design, Ivana!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment. I appreciate it so much!