Queen and Company - Circle Shaped Shaker Set Revisited

Hello Friends!
I'm back with more cards featuring the Circle Shaped Shaker Set.

For my first card today, I’m sharing a shaker, but for my second card, I’m sharing a little twist on the fun dies included in this set. Here we go!


First up, I wanted to take this beautiful shaker that features all three layers of circles, and really dress it up, so I added swirls of blended ink and heat-embossed sentiments to the base of the card. The pretty sentiments are included in the kit, and I used colors of PTI's Aqua Mist and Distress Oxide Abandoned Coral for the blending. For the shaker I used paper from the Dots pad and Birthday Bash pad.


I added a lot of sparkly bits and bobbles inside and outside the shaker, including pearls, rhinestones, and Diamond Toppings, as well as pretty dots all over the shaker itself. I added a touch of striped ribbon and some flowers to the card for a romantic twist. I used Queen and Company Pom Flowers and Glitter Flowers in Purple.


I also added sweet little Nuvo drops on the acetate shaker and a few leaves using 1Canoe2 Twilight stamps, heat-embossed on vellum. 


For my next card, I pared back the layers, and challenged myself to use the shaker dies in a different way! 


So I came up with a wee rainbow, cut using the circle dies, out of pretty Queen and Co paper patterns - the Flirty FloralsDots, and Stripes paper pads. I matted the card onto some sweet paper from the Dots Paper Pad collection, along with a scalloped edge on both the top and bottom.


I once again pulled out my 1canoe2 Twilight stamp set, and stamped a spray of leaves at the top of the card in pretty Archival Ink colors of Magenta Hue, Tea Rose, Viridian, and Sap Green.


To mimic raindrops, I used a collection of Rhinestones, Pearls, Nuvo Crystal Drops, and Nuvo Jewel Drops in Limoncello, Rose Water,  and Sea Breeze. I love, love, love these sweet translucent dots so much! :) 


I added a sweet Glitter Flower to the rainbow, and a stamped sentiment using the little stamps included in the set with a dash of Buttercup Archival ink.

Is it just me, or isn't it super fun to step outside the box and explore all the different ways to use crafty products? I keep my stash pretty streamlined, so I looove when a die or stamp can do double duty! Which means that this little set is a big hit with me :)

Thanks for joining me, dear friends. Have a great day!

Ivana

9 comments

  1. I found your blog through my blog!! Thanks you so much for your kind words - they touched my soul! Your projects are just gorgeous on your blog as well! I'll be subscribing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vicki, it's so nice to "meet" you! It was such a pleasure to visit your blog and so touching to read about your journey! Thanks so much for popping by and for your sweet words. Sending many crafty hugs!

      Delete
  2. I love how feminine and sparkly your shaker is Ivana! The colors and flowers are extra pretty. But I have to say that your darling rainbow wins my heart, I'm smitten!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa, me too! The rainbow came out of a pile of scraps that I simply couldn't resist! Thanks so much for your sweet support and kindness! Sending heaps of hugs!

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous, gorgeous, and even MORE gorgeous... you may have enabled a bit of shopping today, Ivana! xx
    =]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! I hope that's not a bad thing! :) And I hope you love your new goodies! ;) Thank you so much for your visits dear friend!

      Delete
  4. This is STUNNING!! I LOVE how you used the shakers on this!!! Your colors are just so dreamy!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you soooo much, Nora! So happy you like the colors, they were so fun to work with! I find when all else fails, a rainbow does the trick :)

      Delete
  5. Modern, creative & beautiful, Ivana! I'm so very sorry I haven't been here in such a long time. It's not that I haven't been thinking of you, but I wanted to have time to see everything & really catch up. No idea why I'm constantly behind when I don't even work now!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment. I appreciate it so much!