Wishing You Sunshine - Papertrey Ink Brushed Birds and an Exciting Announcement!

Good Morning!
Not too long form now, we'll be hearing chirping birds, and watching our streets come to life with sprouting leaves. It's my favorite time of year and it can never come too quickly! Today's card is just a little peek into the sunny days to come :) I also have another little peek into what's to come here on the blog, with a very exciting announcement below.


For today's card, I used a a few different stamps and stencils to create the background.

I started with a sunburst stencil from the Sunshine and Rainbows Make it Market kit, inked up with Lemon Tart and Harvest Gold ink to match the color of the bright yellow cardstock I used for the sentiment. 


After inking up the starburst, I stamped two floral clusters, with PTI's Gran's Garden stamps in colors of Pale Peony, Sweet Blush, Aqua Mist, Vintage Jadeite, Green Parakeet, and Tropical Teal. 

I also clustered together a few heart cutouts, using Limitless Layers: Heart Stitches die, Cover Plate: Hearts die, and leaves from Peonies on Parade, stamped and embossed and then watercolored. I added a couple more stamped leaves from WPlus9's Fresh Cut Florals. I used Vintage Jadeite and Green Parakeet ink.


To the center of the card, I added a strip cut using the Half and Half die, die-cutting and stamping a sentiment using the Sunshine and Rainbows kit. The green heart was stamped using the Happy Hearts stamp set in New Leaf


The lovely birds were stamped and die cut, using PTI's Brushed Birds stamp and dies in Sweet Blush, Pale Peony, Melon Berry, Vintage Jadeite, Aqua Mist, and Tropical Teal.

I just love how vibrant and happy this card is and I hope it brings a little sunshine to your day!

Before you go and enjoy that Friday sun, I have a very special announcement to make about an upcoming little feature, right here on my blog!


What is It

A little while back, the most wonderful and splendid thing happened. My dear crafty friend, Aneta and her husband came from a very faraway place to visit us over Christmas! A long-time dream come true, turned into one of the most memorable and wonderful holidays to date.

This coming Monday, we're taking a little bit of time to share our story with you, and also share a very special take on a project we started together! So please join us, for a day of stories, projects, fun and prizes!

When: Monday, March 19
Where: here and here
Who: Ivana and Aneta
Why: Because Friendship Rocks!

See you there :)

Ivana

10 comments

  1. OMW Ivana this card is 'by far' amazing! It is truly gorgeous~
    The embossed leaves <3 and your beautiful detailed layers and
    watercolor are over the top and such a fave for me~ TFS!
    I hope to stop in on Monday and see what you are up to ; )
    hugs, karen o

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Karen, you are too kind! I'm so grateful for your visits and kind words! Thank you so, so much! :) Hopefully see you here Monday!

      Delete
  2. Ivana, I want to live in a world where the birds are pink! How absolutely darling... and I will be back - I couldn't agree more about that friendship though...
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Michelle, me too! Pink birds would be delightful! Thank you so much for the kind note and I hope to see you again on Monday! Friendship is fabulous isn't it!

      Delete
  3. This is a lovely ray of sunshine that will brighten the day of the recipient! Layered in prettiness! Sounds like a fun event, looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Hope to see you there Lisa! :)

      Delete
  4. This one just stole my heart Ivana! I looove these cute birds! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks darling! I'm just as smitten with these little cuties!:)

      Delete
  5. Oh another just stunning card!! I LOVE the colors you chose and the white heart detail with the felt. All the little details are a feast for the eyes!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nora, thank you so much for taking the time to stop by and comment! You are much too kind!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment. I appreciate it so much!