New Additions and Congratulations - Blog Hop Winner Announced!

Good Morning and Happy Saturday! Before I get to my cards today, I want to extend a very big thank you to all of you who joined us in our little hop! There are not enough words to express how humbled and thankful I am for all of your visits and comments. Familiar faces, and new friends alike, it was such a joy reading your sweet stories and each and every note you left! I've gone ahead and added responses now that the draw is officially over ;)

Speaking of which, it's that time...To announce the winner of the sweet Spring Kit!

Congratulations to....

SAMRA!

Please send a note to 
ivanacamdzicstoicescu@gmail.com
with your mailing address and I'll be sure to have your goodies on their way :) 

But that's not all! There is another winner over on Aneta's blog, who will be receiving her beautifully designed journal. And the winner is...

SADIE!

Please head over to Aneta's blog to claim your prize :) 


Now I hope you'll join me in sharing these two colorful cards!


First up, I created this layered card for that new little addition. It seems like every so often I get on a kick of specific card themes, and completely forget about others. Someone recently reached out to me to request a baby card via my Shoppe, and I realized it's been quite a while since I've created a card for a new little one. So here we are!


To start this card, I used a white card base. I layered a scalloped cut-out from the Tag Sale 10 die, from Papertrey Ink, and added a vellum sentiment, embossed in white. It's rather soft and discreet, but it looks so sweet and pretty when the card is tilted towards the light. Sometimes it's nice to take a departure from sentiments that act as a focal point, and let the other elements shine. 

 At the top of the card,  I added two leaves, from PTI's Rosie Posie stamps and dies, stamped in Aqua Mist and Mint Julep, a couple of buttons, and die-cut stars from the Seeing Stars collection

I used a soft blue Copic marker to color the outline of the stars, and stamped a trail of stars using PTI's Scene It: Celebration stamps, in Lilac Grace ink.


I added patterned star paper to the lower two thirds of the card, from the wonderfully sweet Turn the Page collection from Pink Paislee. It's packed full of sweet patterns, and this one was just perfect for my theme for this card. 

To the side, I added a printed ribbon, and a very bold and fun red bow, with a wee button in the center. 


To finish the card, I added die-cut clouds, cut using the Sunshine and Rainbows kit from Papertrey Ink.  I added a stamped moon using the Little You stamp from Crate Paper, stamped in one of my favorite colors, Tea Rose Ranger Archival ink - possibly my new favorite type of ink!
Introduced to me by a dear crafty friend, I've loved getting to know the fun properties of this ink. 


For the next card, I started with a white card base as well, but this time, I used the largest start in the Seeing Stars set, to cut an opening on the front of my card. 

I then used alternating colorful strips of paper to create a fun, patchwork star. 


At the top of the card, I added a little handmade tab embellishment, stamped in Cactus Flower and Tiger Lily from Ranger Archival ink. Just below, I used PTI's Petite Places: Happy Camper stamps for the sentiment, stamped in Viridian Ranger Archival ink. I absolutely loooove these inks, and will be featuring them in a post coming up soon. If you've been looking for an all-purpose ink that stamps perfectly every time, stay tuned and feel free to subscribe, so you don't miss this upcoming post!


At the top left corner of the card, I added star and some sweet confetti. The larger star was cut with the Seeing Stars collection. The smaller pieces are diecuts I had leftover from other projects. 


I stamped some pretty stardust around the larger star using Fancy Pants Merry and Bright stamps and Ranger Archival ink in Viridian and Tiger Lily.

The sentiment was stamped in Cactus Flower and Tea Rose Ranger ink, and the diecut is from the Big Hugs dies from Papertrey Ink.

I also couldn't finish this card without some of my sweet liquid pearls, so I added a few of those all around the card.

I hope you've all enjoyed these colorful cards! Thanks for joining me today and for all of your love and support. It means so very much to me.

Ivana

p.s. Friends - I'm trying out a NEW supplies list that will be featured at the end of each post. I hope it will make shopping a little easier and allow you to quickly see products I've used on each project. Using this feature will not add any additional costs to your purchase, but it will go a long way in helping me maintain this little blog of mine. Your purchases through any of the AMAZON or SCRAPBOOK.COM links below will help me convert a small portion of your sales towards running this little blog and creating new, exciting content on an on-going basis.
So if you like what you see here and you enjoy visiting my creative space, please consider using these links when you shop.

Also please note, although I do make a small commission on the sale of some products I feature, all products used on this blog and opinions shared are my own and are not influenced in any way.
I simply love to share the goodies that make crafting fun for me, in hopes that they'll do the same for you! :)


5 comments

  1. WOW! I am so happy to be the winner of your blog hop prize!!! Thank you so very kindly! Your cards are gorgeous as always Ivana!
    Hugs
    Samra
    Paper Talk with Samra

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Samra! And congratulations!! I hope you enjoy the little Spring Kit! Sending hugs xo

      Delete
  2. OH I LOVE the soft colors you used on the first card. Your layering is just breathtaking. The second card with the star and how it frames the stripes is just fabulous. I love to come to your blog. Your work is just perfection!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw Nora, thank you so much! You are much too kind! Thanks for always visiting and leaving such sweet notes. Sending you big crafty hugs! xo

      Delete
  3. I do not even know how I ended up here, but I thought this post was good.

    I do not know who you are but definitely you're going to
    a famous blogger if you are not already ;) Cheers!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment. I appreciate it so much!