Hoping Your Birthday is Sweet - Cupcake Toppers

Morning! 
How is your day so far? I hope it's sweet and wonderful! 
Things around here have been looking very sweet, indeed..I've had my hands full with piles of little cupcake toppers. 
It's such a nice change to switch things up and take a little departure from card-making.


And I absolutely, positively love how these little toppers turned out. 
The best part? They're so easy to make! 
So even if you've never experimented with off-the-card crafting, I think you'll find these rather simple to whip together.

To start this little topper, I used a scalloped circle base from Papertrey Ink's Scene It: Basic Backer die.

I used a pile of Lavender Moon buttons to outline the edge of the base, before adhering a sweet vintage image. 

For the sentiment, I used the Just Desserts Sentiments mini stamp set from Papertrey Ink, stamped in Pure Poppy ink.


To finish off the design, I used Gran's Garden stamps and dies for the florals, stamped in Aqua Mist, Blueberry Sky, Spring Rain, Sweet Blush and Raspberry Fizz ink. 


At first, I thought about using cake pop sticks to secure the toppers in each cupcake, but found them rather plain...being white and all. 
I then switched to these sweet polka dotted straws and I think they add just the perfect amount of color! 

I'd love to know if you'd like to see more projects like these. But if you find that you're not a fan of making little crafts such as this, let me know that too. It would be oh-so-easy to take this design and convert it to a card, and I'd be happy to share a post about a double-take on the same project :) 

Thanks for joining me today friends! 

Ivana

1 comment

  1. How sweet is this! What a fun way to dress up a little dessert. I like the cute vintage OA topper. They have always been one of my favorite paper companies!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment. I appreciate it so much!