Treats from the Kitchen - Simple Watercolors

Hello friends, I hope you are having a wonderful Sunday. 

We've been busy this past month with travel and so many day-to-day things, but yesterday, we finally had a day off to spend together. And it just so happened to be the most wonderful and sunny day. So we took a little drive through the Southern portion of our province, visited a provincial park, and a beautiful city nearby. 

No set agenda, just the two of us, a camera, and lots and lots of road to explore. I love days like that. 

Today we're catching up on a few things at home, and it's a perfect morning for it. A little cloudy and a bit breezy. I'm spending the morning editing our travel photos. Sadly, they get very little love around here.

 Between client images and work shots, I rarely spend time on our images. But I have a goal and I'm determined to finish all of our trip photos before the end of  the year! That's 6 trips, 14 different cities, countless beautiful towns....annnnnnd thousands of images. It may be a bit ambitious, but it has to be done, my friends. Photos were not meant to sit on a hard drive!! 

But before I get completely lost in that,  a few things on my to do list today are to drop off gifts and cards for friends and family. It's always such a fun thing for us to make gifts from the kitchen to share with our loved ones. 

I have a dear friend who loooooves rhubarb so I've made a batch of delicious compote - a perfect accompaniment to many deserts, or if you're like me - a late night snack right from the jar :) Here are a couple of tags I created that will adorn the little jars. 


I can't tell you much about these tags, except that they were a bit of a doodling experiment. I used a cupcake stamp on the first tag along with plenty of watercolors to fill it in, as well as the little dots all around. The flowers are stamped using Papertrey Ink Mini Blooms stamp set, and adorned with a few buttons and sequins.

A bit of simpler version below, with just a tad of watercolor on the round tag. 


Love the softness of watercolor! And how easy it is to work with. 

Hope you'll pull out your colors and make something beautiful today.  Enjoy your day! 

Ivana



2 comments

  1. Gorgeous tags Ivana! Love the soft colors and such beautiful design.
    Hugs
    Samra
    Paper Talk with Samra

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are STUNNING!! I love your staging!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment. I appreciate it so much!