Who Would Have Thought...

~Old Turned into New~

If you're just tuning in, let me update you :)
I have been seriously devoted to cleaning and de-cluttering my piles of crafty things (read more: yesterday's post), but every now and again, I would get lost in the moment and stop my digging just long enough to create something lovely with the treasures I uncovered in my scavenger hunt. Things I never got around to using, which I found in the most unusual places, all of a sudden spiked a surge of creativity in my little mind that I couldn't resist. 

I made a few piles of crafty bits (sort of like the cute bundles I posted about yesterday), organized by color and theme, and before I knew it, I had several cards whipped together in no time.

I am not sure if it was the inspiration, or the procrastination of wanting to do anything but tidying up...But I am certainly glad for it, whatever the push. 

And of course I couldn't help popping in today to share what I created with all my little misfits :) Who would have thought that piles of mis-matched paper that seemed destined for the recycling bin, could look so cute?


I apologize, but I don't precisely remember what collections most of these little bits are from.  I will do my best to give more detail about what manufacturers *I think* they are :)


This first card is made out of some scrap papers I had (looks like a Graphic 45 print along with a Pink Paislee soft blue print), and a cute little button card I had stamped a long time ago but never used on a project.


The various chipboard hearts are little bits I had done earlier for one of my listings for my Shoppe, but then liked them so much that I decided to hold them back and use them on one of my own projects...Of course, they then went into the oblivion that is my scrapbook room, never to be seen or thought of again...Until today :)


The polka dot heart is cut from a piece of Basic Grey patterned paper, and so is the little multi colored strip of paper. 


The buttons, pearls and ribbon are just another find from my stash.


I hope you can tell from the photo that this card has two layers, and once you open the top, you reveal the sentiment :)


Next, I used a little pillow box cutout I had kicking around, and decorated it with more bits that I accumulated during my spring cleaning. 
The lace, buttons and ribbon are all from my own stash, the pin is from Maya Road (I painted it green once upon a time), the pink clay button is just one of the dozens of my little handmade buttons I found, and the patterned paper is from Basic Grey and Graphic 45.


The little tag is from a Papertrey Ink Tiny Tags, and the stamped sentiment from PTI's Tag It's #1 mini stamp set.



For the last card, paired the leftover bits of the pretty patterns, along with some crocheted vintage lace, onto a script-patterned paper from Teresa Collins

I also found this lovely little handmade clay frame in the softest shade of aqua - it was the perfect little bit to nestle my little white handmade felt heart into. 


I added a crystal pin and sentiment flag to the heart, along with a fussy-cut heart from a Basic Grey patterned paper.
I finished the card with two vintage buttons in different shades of pink.


How inspiring it is to use old items in a new way.
Now if I could only find the same inspiration to put my room back to the way it was :) 

Thanks for visiting today, 

Ivana

p.s. I want to thank someone very special for helping me with my crafty stash yesterday - I am so happy that some of these lovely goodies found a new home with you, Aneta and Danielle!

And one more quick thing, I have TWO draws that are open only for 4 more days! To win some of my handmade buttons simply check out this post, or to win an ENTIRE Maja Design Life in the Country collection, check out this post...Wishing you all the best of luck! 

12 comments

  1. Just gorgeous, Ivana! Such beautiful little cards that you 'whip up' with ease!! Great stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just lovely. Your work is mesmerizing and using scraps from my stash is my most favorite thing to do as well.
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ivana, I´m so exited to get my package ..just can wait to craft with goodies ...and also cant´t wait to see extra gifts you included :) Amazing creations as allways.. You are just pure inspiration ! Hugs Aneta

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cards!! I always have the hardest time trying to use scraps..maybe I'll try again haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ivana what a beautiful post of yummy creations! Just back from baseball practice with my son and your creations warmed my heart! Such loveliness!!!!
    Hugs,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your projects always amaze me! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What gorgeous creations..and with scraps none the less..:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree, sometimes a masterpiece appear out from the scraps. Beautiful projects

    ReplyDelete
  9. All these are totally pretty, Ivana! Love love :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Each of your projects is like a little work of art! Beautiful~

    ReplyDelete
  11. They are all sooo sweet and pretty. Nicola x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment. I appreciate it so much!