Maja Design Baby Card

~Sweet Baby~

Hi friends! Today I am celebrating the news of a brand new sweet little girl. We have had such an abundance of little boys in our lives lately, that I have been busily making new baby cards..All in boy themes :) 

I had to dig out my stash and create something different this time around, and it was so fun. I really love girly cards, because I can get carried away with lots of feminine details and plenty of glitter, sparkles, lace and cute, tiny, hearts. 


I think the Maja Design papers used here are just the perfect baby card colors and it was so much fun dressing them up for this card!

I used a mix of Vintage Summer Basics (#1911) and Life in The Country (In the Hammock). 
{p.s. If you love the Life in The Country collection, I am currently giving away the ENTIRE 12x12 collection, all you have to do is check out this post and enter to win!}


For the background, I used a paper from the Antligen collection (Vardagjamning) and added a piece of the lovely gingham print to the bottom. I added a smaller bit of the floral paper, and stitched it to the base of the card. 

Over that, I layered a die-cut doily, using this Papertrey Ink die, onto which I stamped a motif in kraft ink, as well as a round sentiment in black ink. 

The teensy heart is a stamped image which I cut out, and embellished with an even smaller heart which is covered with German glass glitter. I adore the Melissa Frances kind, as the glitter is chunky and extra sparkly! 

Just above the doily, I added another layered embellishment with die-cut pieces and a strip of lace. At the very top of the card, I used a pretty pearl embellishment from a really old set of Prima pearls. I thought this was just the perfect card to use these little beauties up.


Another layer of lace at the bottom, along with another little heart and sentiment, and voila! 

I also have to add just how much I love the round sentiment, and how much it makes me think of little girls and how we all once lived in our own fairy tales, and an infinite land of our imaginations...It is something I hope every little girl will hold onto for the rest of their lives :)

Much Love, 

*Ivana*

p.s. If you have new little babies in your life and are in need of a special little card - I've made an extra card just like this one, and you can find it here in my shoppe

5 comments

  1. Your works are so light, and nice, and tender. I like them all very much, but this one is perfect! Thanks for your blog. I'll keep reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous!! Love the round sentiment & the interest all the teeny embelie's invoke! Beautiful and girly and sweet!! ~

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO sweet! love all your details! Just fab:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So perfect!! I love the stamps that you used! :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment. I appreciate it so much!