Christmas Ornaments

Hi y'all! I hope you are having a lovely Thursday morning :)

I have been busy creating Xmas decor for the past little while...Did you see my shabby banner in the post below?

I thought I would continue with the trend and whip up some decorations for my tree as well! 
(The tree skirt I promised is still a little ways away...Hopefully I can get it done in time for this holiday season)

Today, I will share a few ornaments I've created, using ordinary household items and how I've dressed them up with some of my favourite Webster's embellishments!

But first, I want to share a pic of my tree (which, btw, has been up for almost two weeks now! lol)

Can you tell which ornaments are handmade? 
I know, you probably can, but I just wanted to share this pic as I couldn't believe how fun and easy it was to create ornaments that would fit my theme so perfectly...Ornaments that I could not find anywhere else!




If you still can't tell which ones are handmade, here they are  - all close up and personal!
You can find this post on the Webster's Pages blog today - along with more beautiful ornament ideas from DT member Stacey! Check it out right here!



Remember how I said I used basic household items to create these? The first ornament features a flower-like bloom that I created from unbleached coffee filters. Along with some help from Webster's bloomers, push pins and crocheted lace, it was a total snap to put together!


Next up, I re-purposed an old jar lid and added more yummy Webster's embellishments like the beautiful lace (which I painted) and a lovely vintage cameo silhouette (which also got a generous coating of paint and some glitter too!)


For this ornament, I scavenged the house and found an old cotton serving napkin - One that had lost all it's companions somewhere along the way...But not it's charm!
With no need for just one, I thought I'd make better use of it!
So I traced two identical star templates, cut them out and created a little hand-sewn star! 
Oh and here's the kicker - As you know, I am not very sew-savvy, so unless I wanted to tear apart one of my beloved pillows, I knew stuffing for this star would be impossible to find in my home...So what did I use?
Kleenex, of course! This time of year, there always seems to be an abundance of tissues kicking around the house :) 

To top off my ornament, I used a combo of tinsel trim and another pretty cameo silhouette!


Lastly, I added in a few more household elements for this ornament, like a coffee filter flower, wooden spool and some more of the beautiful fabric from my napkin, combined with a cameo from Webster's Pages and their beautiful, sparkly, tinsel trim!

With the weekend fast approaching, I hope this inspires you to create some ornaments yourself!
Wouldn't they make the loveliest gift?


*Ivana*





CONVERSATION

9 lovely comments:

pattyo said...

Beautiful ornaments! The tree looks gorgeous!

dstandard said...

WOW Amazing! This is just gorgeous and each one so beautiful!

PurpleFuntastick Creations said...

I love the ornaments and so easy to make and love the shabby chic and vintage feel...that is my style..thanks for sharing and I am a new follower! :)

Vicky Alberto said...

Wow, these are soooooooo amazing girl!

Inusia said...

Beautiful:)

Inusia said...

Beautiful!:)

Chris - Creations in Bloom said...

Wow....your ornaments and your tree are simply stunning! So very beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

Kelly R said...

You really need to have a store! :) These ornaments and just they way you designed your tree is so fantastic and artistic. Love it. Have a nice Thanksgiving!

Sabrina said...

Wow Ivana!! Awesome work, indeed!! TFS your talent with us, I am so inspired by these creations :)

Back
to top