~Here's to A Brand New Year...~

Well, friends...The New Year is upon us, and I as I look back at 2010 and all that I set out to do, all that I accomplished, the many times I failed and all the things I learned...I realized that each year I get closer and closer to the person I want to be. For me, 2010 was a year of self-recognition. A much-needed first step in this process to 'grow' the person I want to be.

At times the road was easy to travel, and at other times it was a winding roller coaster with many disappointments...It's a frustrating and difficult to take the person you are comfortable with and the 'path' you should follow and turn it all upside down in search of what is missing in your life. Looking back, though, I wouldn't change a thing and I take comfort in knowing that the result was worth the fight.

In addition to working on myself, 2010 was a year of other improvements and great adventures in my life.
We started off the year with a fabulous trip to Jamaica...





We continued renovations of our condo...I am talking full-out, TOTAL renos, with our kitchen, living room, and other details throughout the space fully completed now. (Note how in the first photo almost all of the kitchen is completed...but missing one key ingredient...the backs plash! We just got this last little detail installed recently and now the kitchen is all done). Looks like 2011 will be a good year to finish the bathrooms and focus on all the fun stuff...like decorating!





We also replaced our beloved car (which I accidentally managed to destroy just before Christmas last year). Not complaining at all though - we definitely ended up better off this way!

Then we decided to take it on it's first long trip and headed for the States. We drove to Minneapolis (14 hours, if you're wondering) and spent an entire week relaxing, shopping and visiting the sights...





We invested in some big pieces of furniture and a few entertainment gadgets to make our house feel more like home...

We decided to get organized...and a few beautiful shelves (custom built by my sweet dad) have found a home in our little second bedroom. Our kitchen also just got revamped with beautiful, new, AND ORGANIZED containers where every little bit of culinary goodness has it's own little place.



And I can't even begin to talk about all the new scrappy goodies I acquired in 2010.
With all the fabulous arrivals each week at our LSS, my pocketbook sure got a workout!

Aside from all the material improvements, I got to stand for one of my closest friends as she married the man of her dreams and I finished off the year with a promise to marry the man of mine!



So 2011 will be a year of more renovating, wedding planning, hopefully traveling, and last but not least, even more fabulous crafting and sharing!

Before I go, I want to quickly share a project I finished a couple of days go that will happily reside somewhere on my newly painted walls :)

~Wall Candy~




I bought a few of these darling Victorian frames (the center one was red and the two side ones were silver) and painted them with some white craft paint. Using Webster's Pages papers (mostly from the Wonderfall and Garden Gala collections), sweet Webster's sparklers and their beautiful trim, I decorated the frames to resemble my shabby chic style. Then, I took a plain wooden frame (I really liked this one because it resembled a shadow box) and simply removed all the backing (except for the glass) and glued some lace around the edges and the little frames in it's little compartment.



I stamped the word 'together' onto a transparency and then filled it in with a dimensional white paint. I like the seamless look this has...And this can be a tricky technique, so doing the messy work on a transparency allowed me to simply toss it if I messed it up! Thankfully, I only had to do it once :)



This close-up just shows some other goodies I used to decorate the frames. I added in some cotton seam binding, a couple of buttons, and a sweet doily. I filled in the beautiful monogram letters (which I cut out from a Webster's Pages patterned paper) with some of the white dimensional paint.

Well, that's all for tonight's post...but I will be back again soon with some more projects!

Thanks for coming with me on this journey down memory lane...what a fun way to kick off the New Year!

Nighty nite for now :)


*Ivana*

CONVERSATION

1 lovely comments:

Robin Shakoor said...

Congratulations on your engagement! I absolutely love the frame project. It is beautiful!

Back
to top