~It's time...~

I hope you have all had a Merry Christmas...I hope Santa was good to you and you got to enjoy some time with loved ones...taking a moment to enjoy all the fun the holiday season brings...I have to say, for me, this was probably the best Christmas to date. Will have to fill you in later :)



But for now, I finally get to show you all what I was busy working on leading up to the holidays!
It's the Scrap That! reveal date and even though I excitedly started writing my post this morning, I didn't get a chance to post this earlier...I apologize for the delay.
As you can imagine, it's super busy around here these days....So I have a minute right now to sit down and show you some fun pages and projects I have made using the beautiful kit contents!



First up...a very Valentine-y project full of beautiful little hearts and sparkly glittered bits...
I decided to cover a notebook to hold all the precious Valentine's I have recieved over the years. I figured it was time for them to come out of their box and be shown!
The My Mind's Eye papers in the kit worked beautifully for the 'love' theme. I only added a bit of lace and some foam hearts (which I covered with the Stickles glitter provided in the kit) and a few pretty little vintage buttons.



To go along with the little book, I altered a little box that can be filled with all sorts of precious things...



I covered the box with white paint first and then used bits and pieces of the pretty paper to accent all the sides.



I tied a vintage stained ribbon, and topped it off with the pretty Prima flowers included in the kit. As usual, the flowers got a little splash of paint and glitter...



I cut out a little tag from the My Mind's Eye embellie included in the kit....Added a vintage pin....



And a chipboard heart with pretty Stickles glitter around the edges :)

A little design tip for vintage-looking projects which I always use...Try adding a little bit of paint to the edges of your embellies...the more random, the more beautiful...you'll honestly add a whole new dimension to your projects by doing this simple, yet beautiful technique! I like to use Tim Holtz Distress Crackle Paint because it is thick and sticks to many surfaces and because it goes on less uniformly than other types of paint.



For this layout, I used the black, cream and red accents of the MME paper as inspiration. I loved how these papers could be cut, shaped, layered and played with...the only thing I found a little bit frustrating was all the loose glitter all over the house!!!
So, I have a little design tip for you all if you plan on working with paper that has glitter accents.

TIP: Use a glossy medium (like the Diamond Glaze that is included in the kit) and coat all the glittery pieces. Because the medium dries as a clear coat and is slightly dimensional, it really adds a functional and a beautiful look to all of your projects!




And last but not least, a layout stepping away from the main colours of the kit...I used the beautiful Prima flowers as inspiration...mainly the GORGEOUS purple flower. So I added in a pinch of purple cardstock and used the cream and black papers included in the kit.
I also used LG Belarmino's gorgeous January sketch to inspire the creation of this layout. Thanks so much, LG! I always love working with your beautiful and inspiring sketches :)

Design tip: If you are working with portrait photos that do not feature much movement, but want to give your layouts a bit more 'life', you can always try to slant your photos and use interesting shapes. Furthermore, you can layer different shapes with one another and you'll find that your simple layout will take on a whole new life!

Hope you've enjoyed the reveal and please check out the Scrap That! site for more information about this kit and others, and please stop by the other DT girls' blogs for more beautiful inspiration (check out my side bar) !!

That's all for now....Wishing you all a happy day!

*Ivana*

p.s. Feel free to stop by in a couple of days for my big announcement...

CONVERSATION

2 lovely comments:

  1. These projects are amazing! Such amazing detail.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are outstanding and I am so happy you shared your diamond glaze tip. I have actually been playing with that same paper and working very gingerly so as to not rub all of my glitter off before I finish. Thanks

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment! I appreciate your kind words so much!

Back
to top