~Frosty Winter Greetings~

As the cold, winter days roll by, I find myself craving the sweet comforts of home...Spent with loved ones, away from this hectic city life...
Each day, as Christmas inches closer, I cannot help but think of all the yummy food my family is so busily preparing right now for us to enjoy over the holidays...I cannot help getting excited for Christmas morning...all the thoughtful gifts and sweet exchanges, and most of all I can't resist the excitement of uninterrupted days of leisure to come....Only a few more days...Well, almost.
Until then, I have a project to share...inspired by my love of the holidays and the comfort of home....Hope you enjoy :)



I used a little cardboard house I found at a local shop and painted it with white and cream paint...To give it a warm, cozy, and homey look, I sanded the edges...No fussiness here! The more distressed, the better :)
I used a Tattered Angels frame, a Tim Holtz chipboard star (covered in beautiful glitter), and some pretty Kaisercraft lace...



To match the fabulous, shabby look, I used some of my favourite things to embellish this pretty little box...



I used BEAUTIFUL Webster's Pages paper for this project. Most of the papers are from the Sweet Season collection...Just like the name, it is a collection of luscious colours, sweet designs and lovely little details...Perfect for holiday crafting full of sweetness and cheer :)



Inside the box, is a pile of mini-cards...giving this card box set is a perfect way to spread the holiday cheer :) For the tags, I used a stencil to trace the shapes on the solid parts of the
paper (the light pink and teal colours are from Sweet Season collection and the yellow pp is from the Seaside Retreat collection ). The best part is, even though the paper looks solid, the faint, yet beautiful details, add so much more to these cards than plain cardstock. I just love how Webster's paper is so thoughtfully designed and is really super versatile!
To finish these off, I added in some sweet doilies, a snowflake and sentiment stamp, and (my fave) liquid pearls! Super simple, yet so sweet...



I added in some ribbons on the sides...masked by more pretty Webster's paper and covered the roof with sweet little paper cutouts, lace, buttons and....what else...glitter!



In the center of the star, I added a clear twinkling snowflake....



And last but not least, a perfectly cheery sentiment from Inkadinkado, and a Prima rose...
Ahhh...feels so much like home.

Thanks for stopping by.

*Ivana*

CONVERSATION

2 lovely comments:

Lean said...

your lovely house is sold i moving out my old place....lol.
have a great weekend byebye<lean

Karen Shady said...

your work is stunning Ivana....

Back
to top