~A Picture is worth a Thousand Words~



I was looking through some beautiful old photos tonight...reuniting with familiar faces, reminiscing in the happy memories...wishing that some moments would last forever. Pictures have always captivated me. The thought that a moment can be frozen in a single shot, to be cherished forever, is what drew me to the art of photography and everything that revolves around it.
So amidst my nostalgic discovery, I decided to use the inspiration to make a quick card for a loved one, to hold a photo instead of a sentiment...because after all, when you have something really important to say, or more importantly a feeling to share, a picture is REALLY worth a thousand words :)



I used beautiful Pink Paislee Artisan Elements on this card...distressed them with Glimmer Mist and Crackle Paint for a look as though the these little treasures had gone through centuries of wear and tear....best of all, it only took about a minute or two!
The beautiful Tim Holtz Grungeboard butterfly got a similar treatment, with a touch of chunky glitter and a darling little Prima pearl accent.
I found this fabulous 'faux' stitching technique on the Scrap That! site, posted by the ever-so-talented DT member Janis Medina-Maghinay. Thank you so much Janis for the inspiration!!! I love this new technique...so easy and totally looks like the real thing :) Two ways you can do this, I tend to 'cheat' a little and draw my line first and then poke the holes (you get a neater look this way) or you can pierce the holes first and then connect the dots (looks more like real stitching since it is usually never perfect). Hope you all give it a try sometime! :)



Moving along...I used a lovely bit of Prima lace and misted it with some Glimmer Mist...I found that it didn't really absorb into the lace, but I really like the faded shabby look...it's soft and sweet...perfect for this card :)
As promised, I used another one of my handmade trinket pins here to anchor the little distressed star into the ribbon knot.



The stamp I used is by Bo Bunny and the stringed sequins are a throwback to my experimental sewing days...so glad my sewing phase is over :)
Most of the papers are by Basic Grey, with the exception of the frosty pink Making Memories pp.

Thank you all for stoppin by!! I sincerely appreciate all the visits and sweet comments! :)


*Ivana*

CONVERSATION

5 lovely comments:

Shell said...

Ivana your work is absolutely DEVINE.
I love stopping by for inspiration and Thank you for your lovely comments on my blog.
I consider it a huge compliment comming from some one as talented as your self.
Shell x

Alia said...

Absolutely gorgeous and so inspirational. The colors you use and variety of materials is so comforting and soft!

kathlee said...

Your work is incredible! Absolutely love it and so happy to have found your blog!

http://kathleessnippitsncricuts.blogspot.com

Vicky Alberto said...

OMG this is incredible. The details are beyond amazing!

Divine Design said...

Love your work! can't wait until March! lol

Back
to top