~December Scrap That! Reveal~


Yay! It's that time of the month! Finally, I get to show you all what I have been madly working on for the last little while (in between work and renos). I have to say, this Scrap That! kit was SO fabulous to play around with! First off, the featured line, Creative Imaginations - Night Divine, is soooo gorgeous. It's a throwback to a vintage-style Christmas with beautifully distressed papers and TONS of gorgeous embellishments. Seriously, this kit is PACKED with goodies. And it's more versatile than you'd think!
Although I love Christmas and LOVE designing with Christmas papers, I wanted to do something a little different with this line.
I think this line is fabulous, whether it is used for a Christmas design or some other scrappy project.



First up, a VERY Christmas-y project. We just splurged on a new Christmas tree (it's my lovely model in the photos), and I absolutely love the frosty needles and how it sparkles in our home. And since it is quite a bit larger than our old tree (probably by about 5 feet...yes our old tree was a Charlie Brown tree), I have found that I really need more decorations to fill it out! Since nothing is better or more sentimental than a home-made ornament, I decided to make one to always remember my design days with Scrap That!
I also added in a card on the side, using my ornament as the inspiration :)



A QUICK GUIDE ON HOW TO MAKE YOUR OWN ORNAMENT

I used a plain, glass ornament, some hot glue, and a bit of distress paint to blend in all the little pieces of pretty CI paper. I cut the paper into little squares, the more irregular the better. Then I cut slits all around these squares (keeping the center intact) so that it could be more pliable and mold around the curved ornament.
Using hot glue, I adhered the little squares, not paying too much attention to covering all the little holes. I used white crackle paint to cover these holes later. The result is a shabby, vintage looking ornament with a ton of texture!
I added a floral cluster using the gorgeous Prima gold poinsettia (which I tore apart and speckled with paint), some lovely white flowers from the kit, and a GORGEOUS vintage rhinestone button!



For the card, I used a similar technique in pasting smaller strips of this beautiful paper in a collage-style. Then I blended all the strips with some white paint and added in a teeny bit of delicate lace from the kit.
I drew the ornament and cut it out from regular cardstock, and then covered it in white paint and some Ranger Glossy Accents. In the middle, I cut out a piece of gold-speckled netting and I sprinkled the top and bottom with some chunky glitter.
The lovely Prima sprigs of beads were dunked in some silver glitter and wrapped around the top of the ornament. I used a few more of the Prima poinsettia leaves finished the card off with a bow and a vintage button.



I wanted to create something wintery with this kit, something that was not necessarily Christmas-themed, so I avoided using the red/green combo for this page.
I added in a light coloured cardstock, with a hint of kraft cardstock detailing, and chose to use only the lightest parts of the patterned papers.
I disassembled the Bo Bunny lace flower and cut the lace into thinner strips (I know, shame on me!), and used it to accent the layout



I made a lovely pocket to replace plain matting (out of kraft cardstock) and a teeny weeny little envelope to add some balance to the page.



As you can see, this page is heavily 'punched -out'. Mostly, it's just straight punches,
but for the punched border around the shaped dotted mat, I actually punched long strips of pp and then cut each scallop so that I could glue down each bit into whatever shape I wanted. I also outlined some of the papers with a marker to add a bit of contrast since all the colours are so light.



Last but not least, a page that truly has nothing to do with Christmas at all! And I love how the paper works with it so perfectly. This photo is from a couple of summers ago, and it is me sitting on a pier ledge, overlooking the beautiful Italian village of Riomaggiore. The Cinque Terre region is one of the most beautiful places I have ever been and I have been searching for 'just the right' paper to scrap this photo for months now!
I couldn't believe how perfectly this line worked for my photo!
The distressed papers look worn, just like the quaint watercoloured village, and the designs remind me of old Italian tapestries and art.
Perfect in every way.

Don't forget to check out the rest of the DT's creations with this beautiful kit and make sure to hurry and get your own, before they are all gone!

As always, thanks for stopping by and for your sweet comments.
And as the Italians would say, 'Ciao' to you all!


*Ivana*



CONVERSATION

3 lovely comments:

  1. These are all so elegant and gorgeous Ivana!! WOW!! Love the monochromatic feel of it all. You rocked this kit. No surprise!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. More beautiful and inspirational work!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your new projects... that card and ornament are "divine, no pun intended, LOL.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment! I appreciate your kind words so much!

Back
to top