~A Splendid Gift!~



I often talk about how wonderful it is to be a part of the online scrappin community...I love how many incredibly talented, sweet gals from all over the world share this lovely craft with each other day to day :) I love that we all connect, near or far, and excitedly comment on the newest products and techniques...We marvel at each others' work, with such kind words of respect and appreciation....And I am just IN LOVE with this idea of making friends while we all do and share something we love!
So anyway, I recently was asked by the very talented, and very sweet Vicki at SB.com where I find all my stringed pearls...One thing led to another, and before you knew it, we were exchanging addresses and scrappy goodies! She recently started up her own Etsy shop, (which is SO fabulous by the way) and she sent some of her product my way (Thank you Vicky)! You can see the package I received (pic above) was just FILLED with amazingly elegant and classy embellies...so soft and so delicate!
Just the way I love 'em!
And even though I planned to get caught up on other things in my life last night, when I recieved my pkg. I couldn't resist creating something!!!! Can you blame me?!
The yummy stuff Vicky sent got me so inspired! So I got to craftin!
Here is the LO I did last night with Vicky's goodies.
As a little girl, my grams always read me wonderfully romantic fairy-tales and I wished that one day, I would find myself in my very own little romance.
After 8 years with the love of my life, I think my wish came true! :)



The beautiful doily, some of the purple flowers, and the pearls are all from Vicky's kit! And still, I have so many goodies left over to use later :)
The blue pp is by Basic Grey and the pink pp is by Making Memories. The lovely large flower on the right, the little rose at the top, and the pearl flourish on the left are all Prima goodies. I hand-cut the roses and leaves from a K & Co pp, and used stringed pearls and buttons from my own stash.



And here is a quick little technique I used to add dimension on the blue and pink pp...I used a thick paint medium (you can get this at any art supply store or at Michael's) and a damask stencil. I placed the stencil on the pp and applied the paint medium roughly over the stencil (make sure you cover the entire surface area of the stencil). Keep in mind that the thicker the layer, the more dimension you will get.
Then, I carefully pulled away the stencil, which left me with a beautiful design. As per Lean's tip (Thanks Lean!), I heated the design with a heat gun and actually puffed up the medium to create even more dimension. You can heat it up even more if you prefer a 'blistered' look. I will post a step-by-step tutorial of this technique in a couple of days.



Just wanted to show a close-up of the buttons and how I embellished them with the pearls Vicky sent me.
They look so much more elegant with a little pearl in the center :)

So I hope you all enjoy and if you like what you see, check out Vicky's Etsy store!
I am off now to do some packing! One more day until the long weekend, and I am looking forward to spending the time at home with loved ones and delicious food...And scrappin, of course!

Enjoy your Weekend!!!

CONVERSATION

5 lovely comments:

  1. Hi,

    I was looking at your blog and I like it. I want to invite you to become my blog friend, and if you follow me, I will follow you...

    What do you think?

    I hope to hear from you soon.

    Jesse

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely gift and a beautiful page you made with sweet details.
    have a nice weekend byebye,lean.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Ivana, I couldn`t avoid your gorgeous blog....beautiful creations!!!! Well-done! Hugs, Gerry

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm drooling over your layout and thanks for showing off my embellies so elegantly - WOW! Cool demask technique too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous! Very elegant, stunning! TFS the technique you used on the damask. =)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment! I appreciate your kind words so much!

Back
to top