~A Sign for my Creative Space~



Hello everyone! Hope you are all having a fabby Monday evening! Thought I would post a little something I have been working on lately...I actually got this idea from a sweet, darling friend at SB.com. (You can see her gorgeous sign here.) I asked Carrie if I may lift her design, and after getting her approval, I suddenly realized that I had little to none of the product I needed to REALLY lift the design!... So, this is what I came up with using the product I had handy!
And now I know why I am always unsuccessful at 'lifts' (hehe).
I never really have what I need, and then halfway through the project, I steer off in my own happy little direction...and before I know it, my hands have created something else entirely! Regardless, I am so thankful for the fab inspiration...Thank you Carrie!



Just wanted to show the side view so you could see the dimension :)



The gorgeous damask pp, soft lacy pp and keyhole are by Melissa Frances. The dotted pp is by Basic Grey. I used beautiful creamy, pearl brads by Kaisercraft and lots of stringed pearls from my own stash :)



The soft, crocheted lace is by Kaisercraft and the chipboard letters are by Basic Grey.
To create the wings, I used a BEATIFUL Tim Holtz clear stamp and a Ranger Paint Dabber in white. I then cut around the wings and used pop-dots to adhere them to create some dimension. Of course, I hid the pop dots behind the flower petals. (Seeing the adhesive is never fun!) The glass laser-cut butterfly, heart button, buckle, brown sequined trim, and title, all got a swipe or two of Tim Holtz Distress Paint for a heavenly touch. A bit of glitter dusted on top and viola! :)



The brackets (which used to be a dark blue) were painted with white crackle paint and sprinkled with some lovely, chunky glitter. :)
I'm so happy to have another addition to my scrappy space!

Thank you all for stoppin by! Happy crafting!

*Ivana*

CONVERSATION

4 lovely comments:

Marlene said...

You are so creative. This is gorgeous!

Jolanda said...

This is SO gorgeous!

Lean said...

This is great love the soft colors you using and thanks for your sweet comment on my blog ...i put my sniffer with your folowers to.
byebye,lean

Southern Moments said...

Beautiful!!!

Glad to see your blogger follower is working ..I tried to follow last week and couldn't get in.

Back
to top