~Fa La La~



Am I getting carried away with all the Christmas madness?? I just heard my first Christmas Carol music at a store yesterday...It made me happy :)
Can you guess what it was? You got it! Deck the Halls! Thus, the inspiration for this card!



This card features the usual suspects. A bit of lace here and there, a string or two of
pearls, soft colours, and lots of texture!



I used Basic Grey Basics pp, blue Fancy Pants pp, and My Mind's Eye dotted pink pp
from the Lush Collection.
The snowflake is from last year's Bo Bunny's winter collection. The buttons, lace, doily and pearls are from my own stash.



The rub-on is from Cosmo Cricket, and I think it goes back a couple of years at least.
I have tried to find it because I would really love another set, but like most wonderful scrappy products, they eventually get discontinued, never to be found again :(
O well, the quest continues...and who knows, I may just get lucky one day :)



I wanted to show you a close up of the snowflake treatment. I rubbed it onto a
transparency and then painted the back side with Tim Holtz Distress Paint. I really like the way it turned out! I find that it makes the snowflake stand out more than if I was just to rub it onto the card, yet it is still more transparent than it would be if I
simply used a pp to as the background.

I am off now to enjoy the fabulous fall day we have been blessed with (even though I have a million of errands to do). Can't complain though, after the rainy summer we had, this is a real treat! :)

Hope you all enjoy your day too!

*Ivana*


CONVERSATION

5 lovely comments:

  1. OH my goodness... this one it TOTALLY GORGEOUS!! How PURDY!!!!! I understand about the big layouts take to long lol My gallery on sb.com is http://www.scrapbook.com/myplace/index.php?mod=galleries and most of my layouts are last on page 5... I haven't done to many for awhile..
    I stopped by to say thanks for checking out my ornaments.. but have throughly enjoyed your card... You should have a way to join your blog so I can keep track of your work. AGain.. very beautiful work.
    Sherry (AB)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - this is absolutely GORGEOUS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. Thanks for stopping by my blog during "The Little Hop of Horrors" Halloween Blog Hop. Very much appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing card, Ivana! Love it so much! Gerry

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the soft blue paper and the card is just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment! I appreciate your kind words so much!

Back
to top