~An Inspired Jar~



I was recently checking some of my fave blogs and I came across
a beautiful jar created by an incredibly talented artist, Silvia,
and was so inspired that I couldn't resist
digging around in my canning supplies to find my
very own jar to alter. After all, I am always in perpetual
search for charming little containers to store all my goodies...This one in particular
will be a storing a *small* portion of my lace :)



The sides of the jar are painted with Tim Holtz Distress Paint, and the bottom portion of the jar is covered with some antique note paper. Above that is a
small piece of burlap that I glued my lettering onto, and above that is a barely-there
font that says "goodie" (you can see it a lot better in person).
The cluster of flowers features Prima Winter Roses in white and Prima Fairytale
Roses in Baby Pink and LOTS of glitter. Nothing makes me happier than a glittered, painted, vintage Prima flower! :) I covered the large rhinestone with glitter as well, and punched out some leaves with a Martha Stewart punch.



After painting the metal key with distress paint, I loosely tied it with stringed pearls and hung it around the neck of the jar....did not glue it down - well not yet at least :)
Not really sure yet if it
will be a final piece of the jar - so if I change my mind, which I do a lot of,
it can easily be removed



On the side of the jar, I lined the inside of a Tattered Angels Frame with burlap that I painted with white distress paint, and set it off with a cluster of
prima flowers, buttons, bling and punched out leaves.
I hope to find a nice quote to put inside the frame one day....




Oh lace...how I adore the way you make everything look so pretty....I don't know what I did before I started using lace...now I can't make anything that doesn't include lace as a feature! So given that lace is so dear to my heart and that this jar will hold my lace collection, it only made sense to lace it up everywhere I could!
So I glued alternating strips of rhinestones, stringed pearls and crystal jewelry, along with some of the lace that is stored in the jar...
Can't wait to add it to my scraproom! Now, if I could just make a few more to store the rest of the lace....hehe
Cheers

*Ivana*

CONVERSATION

1 lovely comments:

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment! I appreciate your kind words so much!

Back
to top