~Butterflies on Winter Cards?!~



Yes, I know....In Canada this doesn't happen very often...In fact, you never see butterflies during the winter months around this part of the country. Not unless you visit a conservatory. But I got to thinking...not every part of the world gets to experience a white, snowy and cold Christmas like we do. Many of the wonderful
ladies at SB.com brought this to my attention :) I often forget that 'winter wonderlands' come in many different forms...So, this card is made to reflect a more 'temperate' winter, if you will.



As usual, I used a lot of glitter on this card and a lot of lace. And just when I thought I couldn't fit in any more lace, I used border punches to make the pp look like lace. Oh, I think I have an obsession :)
I used a Tattered Angels stencil to create the large paper butterfly out of Websters Pages Garden Gala pp. I used chunky, sparkly glitter to spice up the wings. Behind the butterfly is a harlequin print from Creative Imaginations.



The smaller butterfly is from my own stash and the button combo is dotted with liquid pearls. The pom-pom trim is by Prima and the rest of the lace is from my own stash as well.



I covered a laser-cut mirror flower with some Tim Holtz Distress Crackle Paint and layered it with a delicate Prima flower that was distressed as well :)
Some more liquid pearls around the edges...and ta-daa!
Thank you all for lookin!

*Ivana*

CONVERSATION

6 lovely comments:

  1. I saw your card on SCS..it is beyond beautiful!!! Totally love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is absolutely gorgeous!! (Followed you here from Southern Moments' blog). I'm originally from Canada, myself. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw your work on 2 peas and came here for a sneak peek....your work is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful blog and card! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Me again, love all your cards they are super cute! I also want to invite you to my first challenge over at my blog, I know you will love it because it's a shabby challenge. My blog is www.leslieguerrero.blogspot.com

    Hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty card. Found you from your comment left on Scrapthat. Seems we all are around the same places.. I love scrapbook.com too.
    My blog is http://www.canadiancandy.blogspot.com/ you may of seen me on SB.com One of these days I'm going to try my first card. I know I will have tons of cards to be inspired by. Keep up the great work.
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment! I appreciate your kind words so much!

Back
to top