Hugs From My Kitchen - Gift-able Striped Pouches

Hello friends! Today I'm sharing a little bit of a duo perfect for home-y gift giving. 
I am so in love with gifts from the kitchen and I think there is nothing quite like warm, comforting goodies, lovingly shared with someone special. 

Whatever the occasion - a shower, a party,  feeling under the weather - it's just the perfect little something-something. That is why you'll find the little packaging corner of my craftroom full with fabrics, wrapping papers, bows and boxes, ready to be filled, decorated and shared! 

Every so often, I'll whip up little pouches for an added special touch, so today I am sharing one of these with you! It was inspired by a challenge over on the PTI blog, to create something with stripes. But first, I'll share my coordinating card.  


To start, I stamped a beautiful set of peonies from the Peonies on Parade stamp set, onto Rustic Cream cardstock , embossing them in white. I then used a little bit of watercolor to shade in the petals and leaves. Since I was working on plain cardstock, I was careful not to add too much water. I have a little tutorial here on how I achieve soft colors while keeping water to a minimum. 


I added a bit of dazzle to the flower by stitching a few sequins together into a little flower, and adhering it to the center of the large peony. I also added sequins around the flower, along with some liquid pearls. 


At the bottom of the card, I added two strips of washi tape, as well as some pom pom ribbon, string and a pretty mint button. 


It's a super simple card, but I think it makes for a perfect companion to the little pouch. 


For the little pouch, I used some candy colored striped fabric, and glued the edges together to create a baggie. I couldn't think of a better way to showcase stripes for PTI's challenge!


I used some scrunched ribbon for fastening the baggie, and some mesh and buttons to spiffy up the closure.

Just below that, I added another sequin flower and button, as well as a fun little arrangement of leaves. 
I used PTI's Leave it Be stamps and dies, as well as leaves from WPlus9's Fresh Cut Florals.



I may make a couple more of these and pop them in the shoppe very soon :)

Thanks for joining me today and for all the sweet words!

Ivana

12 comments

  1. Wow, soft, stunningly gorgeous in every way and leaves me quite speechless! Oh how I wish I could create as you do, truly gifted. Tfs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, Rachel that is so incredibly kind of you to say! Thank you from the bottom of my heart for visiting and for being so sweet. I appreciate it more than words can say. Biggest hugs to you :)

      Delete
  2. You've got me inspired....AGAIN! Such a lovely crations in such a great, springy colors! I miss spirng almost as much as I miss YOU! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, ditto, girlie! Missing you everyday!! So wish I could have had more energy @ xmastime! It would have been so wonderful to craft together! Buuut I do have a special project coming up that we "sort of" started together :) Sending lots of love!!! xo

      Delete
  3. Oh my is this ever dreamy! I always love your soft colors. That little bag is adorable, the perfect stripes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Lisa, that is so very sweet of you!! :)

      Delete
  4. Lovely, lovely! Such softly detailed beautiful work Ivana~
    Treat bags are a great way to thank someone; or just say ILU
    : ) The addition of stamped cut=outs is the perfect touch!
    Hugs to you, karen o

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fantastic! So springtime

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow--you have such a wonderful style! The card is just gorgeous! Love your coloring & how you stitched the sequins together for the center!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Greta!! So nice to see you here :) I love your beautiful cards and visiting your blog was just delightful! Sending crafty hugs!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment. I appreciate it so much!