For You Mom



I've got some sweet cards to share today, but first things first, I must announce the lucky reader and winner of some lil' buttons and mini felties...


Betty Sue, your name was randomly selected for this prize! Congratulations!!

Thank you to everyone who took the time to comment and guess on what is (still) waiting to be set up and enjoyed. It is a beautiful new BBQ, and it's just itching to be put together. But, as luck would have it, we've had nothing but forecasts for rain and snow, so our new little addition will have wait just a wee longer before we can put it together. But perhaps it's better this way, so I can take my time dreaming up all of the delicious recipes to try out! :)

I've also been under the weather this week, hence why I dropped the ball on stopping in a bit earlier. Naturally, crafting has taken a bit of a back seat as I've been recuperating. I did, however, manage to get out of my pj's yesterday for the first time (yay!), clean the house, and even whip up a couple of little cards. 

With Mother's Day around the corner, all of these are dedicated to, firstly, my wonderful, incredible mom. Also, to all the moms in my life, including you all! Thank you for bringing so much love, caring and warmth into this world!


I've been wanting to try this color combo somewhere in our house, but it is proving to be difficult finding these soft shades of pink, aqua and yellow, which makes me wonder if I'll have to resort to some good old-fashioned diy to get there....Seeing as that will require just a tad bit more time and commitment, I thought I'd give these colors a try on some cards first and see how I like 'em! 

Truthfully, I think I like them even more now :) 
I think they will make for a lovely craft room palette, what do you think? 


Anyhow, back to the cards...To make these, I used scraps of old paper bits, which I am not even sure the names of. If you're trying this palette out, just gather some light pink, light aqua and light yellow patterns, and you'll be set. 

I also used this beautiful gold/kraft paper tape from American Crafts


For the heart, I used Papertrey Ink Limitless Layers: Hearts. I also used PTI's Half and Half die, along with the In Stitches banner die. 


For the sentiment, I used Wonderful Words: Love Mini Stamp Set, and the coordinating die

For the black leaf accents, I adhered a bit of the pretty washi tape over the aqua and pink paper, and used my scissors to fussy cut the design. 


I used lots of the same ingredients for this next card, without all the black accents.


For the top of the card, and for the heart layers, I cut additional pieces using Papertrey Ink Limitless Layers Heart Stitches dies, and Button Boutique stamps and dies for the pretty chipboard button. 


The pretty lace doily is from a Stampin' Up kit, gifted to me by my sweet friend :) 


I added a couple of little sequins, and doodles for some extra spunk, and finished off with a stamped sentiment. 


This last little creation is sooo perfect for a little gift for mom. Something special only she can enjoy...Perhaps a gift card for some pampering, or something a little sparkly just for her! 


I used PTI's Pillow Box die, and the same elements as in the above two cards. 

One other thing I forgot to mention, was that for all of the gold accents, I used a Gold Leaf pen, similar to this one. It's a great way to turn any little embellishment into something special :) 
I've used it on die-cuts, buttons, pins, edges of paper, ribbon, and even to color some sequins! 
Such a quick and easy way to alter little bits to fit your projects. Hope you'll give it a try sometime! 

Well, that concludes my post for today, as I've got a lot of catching up to do from everything I've missed over the past week. I'm heading over to the shoppe now to write up a few listings, as I've made duplicates of each of these cards...Some to keep and some for the shoppe! You can check them out here :)

Wishing you a lovely day, 

*Ivana*

10 comments

  1. Wow, these are truly fabulous! I love your romantic colour combination and all the fabulous paper and fabric details.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful!! I love all your creations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow for someone that has been under the weather it's definitely not upset your creativity. These a simply gorgeous. Hope you back feeling a 100% soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful. You always use the nicest colour combinations.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow, this is stunning. Such soft beautiful colors and as always awesome little details.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was looking for some baby cards and came across your blog. I spent more time than expected looking through your lovely cards. Thank you for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your creations! I hope you're OK....

    ReplyDelete
  8. We are still checking your blog Ivana!! : ) LOL! in hopes by chance you stopped back in~ Wishing you the very best and hope all is well. I still love to look in and see your wonderful paper creations~ I see lots of your work on Pinterest too! Blessings, Karen in CO

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment. I appreciate it so much!