April Showers...

~Happy Shower~

As we approach April, I've got showers on my mind. Not just the rainy kind...But the celebrating kind, too! Baby and wedding showers always make me smile and I love creating cards for them :) 

For me, a shower is a rather new concept. The first shower I ever experienced was mere days after arriving in Canada. Our small town community organized a shower for my family, which consisted of a warm, heartfelt welcome by many of the towns residents, and all sorts of donations (from tea towels, to comforters and winter jackets) to help us start our new life in Canada. It was my first look into what can be accomplished when a community comes together to provide help and support to someone in need or well-wishes to someone entering a new stage in their life. I can honestly say that although our early days here were hard, the burden was lessened greatly by all of the caring members of our community...And I am forever thankful :) 

For this reason, and so many more, there will always be a soft spot in my heart for this North American tradition. 

Both of my cards today are for mommies and brides to-be as they celebrate and enjoy their special day of being showered with love and gifts!


First up, a little card for a bride-to-be. I used more of the beautiful Tea Break collection, along with stamps and dies from Papertrey Ink


For the top of the card, I used the Happiness in Bloom dies for the leaves, which were then stamped with the polka dot print from the Friendship Jar stamps in Sweet Blush and Ripe Avocado. I used a teensy heart as leaf as well, stamping it with Love Lives Here stamps to create a green outer edge.

Just below the leaves, I added a doily, which was die-cut using PTI's Doily Details die, and for the sentiment base, I used a My Favorite Things' Dainty Doily to die-cut some vellum. I then stamped the sentiment and little heart (from the Stitched Sentiments stamp set) onto the vellum and heat embossed in white and blush. 


Under the sentiment, I tied a bit of pink twine, along with a pink button, followed by some lace and a dash of pink leaves. I finished the card off with a pretty rose, and few sparkly rhinestones.


This next card would be perfect for a mommy-to-be or a soon-to-be bride. 


I used PTI's The Best is Yet to Be stamp set to add the little leaves, and Heart Prints dies to die-cut the little gingham heart at the top of the card. 

For the little umbrella, I used the WPlus9 Pretty Patches: Umbrella stamp and die.


I used My Favorite Things Christmas Ornaments die for the adorable, teensy tag. It's much smaller than any tag I've come across and perfect for adding to a wee button, like this one. 

With no upcoming showers, I am excited to share these! I'm heading over to the Shoppe as we speak, where you'll be able to find both of these little creations :)

Wishing you all a happy week!

xo

*Ivana*

3 comments

  1. Love all the soft colours and the added gold touches. Beautiful as always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow. Your card and tag are stunning. Beautiful soft colors and beautiful little elements. I love that font "For You"

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are gorgeous!!
    Ivana, They are so beautiful~ And they look as though they were
    lot's of fun to make!
    What beautiful layers and details you have created
    for us to enjoy!
    Thanks for sharing~

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment. I appreciate it so much!