A Sweet Gift

 ~Mr & Mrs~

I hope you are all having a wonderful Valentine's :) 

I am here to share a few cards that are just right for this love-filled day.  I was super inspired by some new stamps gifted to me by a friend. 

You see, earlier this week, two of my very dear friends visited for lunch. I was hoping to treat them to an afternoon away, and to thank them for all the support over the past few months...But, to my surprise, they had a little treat up their sleeves, too! Treats, gifts, goodies....Boy, let me tell you...I felt spoiled! 

The lunch turned into somewhat of a "housewarming" gathering and it was such a lovely afternoon.

One of my friends also shared a whole bag full of stamps she stumbled upon and I have been itching since that day to get into my crafty space and put them to use. 

Here are just a few of the sweet little stamps I used....


I loved the wedding stamps, and seeing as today is the official day of love, I thought what better to create than some candy-colored congrats cards for the Mr and Mrs. 
  

Here is the lineup of cards and pillow boxes I whipped up. 

(apologies for the bare background...still experimenting with lighting here, and still unpacking props)


I used oodles of sherbert-inspired colors, buttons, die-cuts and pretty colored inks...


I am pretty sure that a lot of these papers are Prima, but since I mainly worked with what I had in my scrap stash, I can't be sure. Does anyone recognize these papers? If so, please feel free to leave info at the bottom of the post for everyone :) 


Oh and I can't forget the felt! 
Yes, the yummy, delicious apricot felt I used here with PTI dies...
I believe this was a Crafty Wool Felt find on Etsy...Great shoppe with oodles of pretty colors. 



 I used the Pillow Box die, and Lovely Layers dies to cut the shapes out of white cardstock. I then stamped each layer with a different color (Hibiscus Burst, Berry Sorbet and Spring Moss).

Here are a few pics of the individual cards and products used. 





I used many of the same dies on this card, just with different colors of paper. For stamping, I used Papertrey Ink's Melon Berry, Berry Sorbet, Hibiscus Burst and Sweet Blush inks. I stamped all the sentiments in each color, and then all the lace circles in each color as well as a darker, smaller bit in Smokey Shadow. I layered the different colors together for each card. 


On some of the cards, I added a bit of scrunched seam binding. I used the Hibiscus Burst re-inker to color this pretty, ruffled ribbon. And it's as easy as can be...just mix a dash of ink with some water in a spritz bottle and mist your favorite ribbon! Makes for perfectly-matching embellishments to all of your PTI inks!



If you look closely, I also used a white pen to draw some (very squiggly) outlines on the leaves. But you could also use the co-coordinating stamp set to add some dimension. 


Each of cards also got a teensy dose of Copic coloring...Can you spot it? 


I used Cool Shadow to color each ampersand :) 



For the last pillow box, I stamped right on the front of the cardstock, using some Prima and WPlus 9 stamps. Following that, I added a bit of lacey ribbon, die-cut hearts, and a final stamped sentiment...Another fave from the adorable stampy gift :) 


Lastly, I strung a few little buttons together and adhered them to the top. They look super cute, but also help act as a pull for the top of the pillow box.

 I think most of these will be heading over to the Etsy Shoppe, if I can bare to part with them, that is :) 

I wish you all a very wonderful and love-filled day, and thank you for all the love since my return! It is so wonderful to be back again! 

xoxo


*Ivana*



CONVERSATION

9 lovely comments:

Lisa said...

These are just as pretty as can be! Love all of the little carefully added details! I always enjoy visiting your blog and being inspired by your lovely work.

Becky said...

wow, what you do with plain ole stamps..These cards are simply gorgeous. Such beautiful soft colors and fabulous little details.

Marlou McAlees said...

wow!!! these are stunning ♥

Paper Profusion said...

These are absolutely darling Ivana. They look wonderfully pretty and springlike. Enjoy the rest of your weekend - I hope that you are settling in really well. Nicola x

Ros Crawford said...

These are really stunning!!

Karen Otterbacher said...

Ivana, do you realize how talented you are!?!
(I know some may think that sounds like flattery,
but you know me well enough to know
that is not what I'm doing! LOL)
These last projects are STUNNING and your mix of colors
and inks are fabulous!
You truly ARE an inspiration to all who visit!
You make me excited to scrap!
I want to get home (from wk) and start creating:)
Blessings to you and your hubby in your new home~
Karen

Vicky Alberto said...

totally GORGEOUS post!

annekescardart said...

What a wonderful cards you make. They all fit so well together. Beautiful designs. Thanks for showing I have become a follower. Anneke.
www.annekescardart.blogspot.com

Magda said...

Very, very nice and so lovely Ivana!
You have your own special style witch is so very elegant !!
I love the tender touch of your cards and the Lo is always great!!
Have a nice week!
Hugs,
Magda

Back
to top