Maja Design Project

~Girly Frills~

Are you like me? Do you melt at the sight of frilly, shabby pink ribbons, lacy bits, and little odds and ends? I love scraps of all sorts and I collect them avidly. Every once in a while, accompanied by a steamy cup of tea, I surround myself with all my scraps scattered about on the floor...And after a good hour or so of sorting, organizing and making itsy bitsy piles, I am usually inspired to create something out of all the little treasures. 

That is how this little creation came about :)


I just couldn't help myself. And I couldn't throw all these pretty little bits away, after they made it into the little misfit pile :)
So I put them to use and created this little packet


I used several scraps of Maja papers: Send a Postcard - Vintage Winter collection, 1933 - Vintage Summer Basics collection, and 5th of March - Vintage Spring Basics collection.

To keep the little box closed and add a bit more frilly fun, I tied two lace bows and glued them to a sparkly pin, decorated with buttons and rhinestones.  


For the front of the box, I used Melissa Frances stickers - the girl alpha card and the polka dot oval, Webster's Pages sparkler, string pearls, liquid pearls, and a soft blue button. 

I am adding this little box to the Shoppe. It's a perfect size for a gift card holder, or other precious little gifts. I imagine it filled with crafty bits, beads, and pretty, sparkly buttons. Maybe some die-cuts, or patches of fabric and paper for a crafty friend...I have a feeling that whatever is tucked inside this teensy box will surely bring out some smiles :)

Hugs, 

*Ivana* 

CONVERSATION

5 lovely comments:

Lisa said...

Shabby sweetness Ivana!!

Marina said...

It's adorable! I love the colours and the design.

Hugs,
Marina

Julie said...

beautiful box

Karen Otterbacher said...

This is "Oh My Word" gorgeous!
Love every detail!
Love the bead detail on the heart as well!
Beautiful~

pattyo said...

Shabbily beautiful!

Back
to top