Maja Design Pocket Cards

~Thank You for You~

Much of this past month has been devoted to a few big life changes...Transitioning into our new eating lifestyle, hubby becoming a full-time student again, and a very, very exciting new journey for us - the potential of buying a new home.

With hubby going back to school in less than two weeks and juggling both work and studying at the same time, the last few weeks have been centered around this big decision, in an effort to tie up as many loose ends as we can before September creeps up on us. 

We have had tremendous support from our family and friends, who have stepped in to answer questions, offer up advice, and some even to offer their expertise to a couple of young kids trying to figure all of this home-buying business out :)

Between realtors, mortgage brokers, home builders and our own research, we have definitely grown an appreciation of how truly massive this undertaking is, and why so many run at the sight of this process.  

Luckily, neither hubby or I get scared easily, and we rather enjoy the process of learning new things and coming up with scenarios and solutions. And thanks to the many supportive friends, family and industry professionals, we have gained so much invaluable information, and feel a lot more informed today than we did at the start of this journey. 

I can't tell you all how grateful I am at the end of the day to know that we are surrounded by so many caring people who are willing to go out of their way to lend us a hand. 

 Today's pocket card is inspired by these wonderful folks.


The pocket card features some of my most favorite Maja Design paper in soft, pastel shades. 
To create the two cards, I've used papers from the wonderfully soft and shabby Sofiero collection, but before I get into the details, let's talk about the little glassine envelope first.

I decorated the front with lace, fabric die-cuts and vintage buttons, as well as a stamped sentiment from this lovely Papertrey Ink stamp. For the top of the baggie, I used the Heart Border die from PTI. I just love how it adds just the right design touch when finishing off empty spaces on a project - especially if you are like me and like to use felt to die-cut the hearts. It instantly adds a warmth and a texture to any project, unlike paper, which can be rather one-dimensional. 

For some added texture, I layered two buttons together to create the centerpiece for the large die-cut flower, which I cut using Papertrey Ink's Lovely Layers die. 


Here is a quick close up of the big, pieced-together flower I created for this little card. It started out as piles and piles of pretty fabric circles, which I layered together to create this little blossom. 

For the center, I used a button to secure the layers together and finished it off with a lace layer underneath and a pretty vintage crystal pin. 

Layered under the flower are a few of my favorite prints from the Sofiero collection. 
The soft yellow shade as well as the delicate rose pattern are both on the list of my most favorite papers of all time. 

Marie (the designer) really has a way of picking the most beautiful, subtle, and delicate colors and designs. I have yet to find a Maja paper that I do not fall madly in love with. Plus, with each color harmonizing so well with another, I love that I can mix and match papers from all the collections...As I often do :)


Inside the baggie, I tucked in two little cards, focusing more on the pink palette for the second mini card. 


Much like the first, I added a handmade flower to the second card, along with some vintage trim, and a few tiny die-cuts. 

A few liquid pearls add a bit of dimension and a pattern from the Vintage Spring Basics collection (3rd of May) rounds off this set of cute cards. 

Both of these can be found in my shoppe now and I am currently working on adding more Mini Felties, too!
Thank you for joining me on this lovely day, 

*Ivana*



10 comments

  1. Oh, this turned out so gorgeous! I love how you used these papers. The tiny felties look so pretty too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Ivana,
    You made some very beautiful projects!!
    Love the subtile colors and all your gorgeous flowers and buttons.
    Your have a very elegant style !
    Didn't forget my promise.
    Lovely regards
    Magda

    ReplyDelete
  3. So very gorgeous. Love the soft shabby look and your amazing flowers. Good luck with the house!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so stunning!! I love the pretty soft look and the fabric is gorgeous ...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just saw this beautiful post @ Maja's blog and wanted
    to hop over here while I could ;)
    to tell you how gorgeous this is!! Wow! Ivana it is so special
    and sweet! Amazing to look at! Details are crazy beautiful~
    You always inspire!~
    Thanks for sharing - and I wish you the VERY best
    in your house hunting endeavors!
    ~Karen

    ReplyDelete
  6. So soft and beautiful! I love the fabric flower and the glassine envelope. Blessings in all your new life adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card are so inspiring and stunning. Love the soft color

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another beautiful project by the lovely Ivana xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for your comment on my framed piece, Ivana!!! I'm so behind...absolutely overwhelmed!!! But I did love these gorgeous creations of yours the FIRST time I saw them!!;) Your comment just reminded me to come back and enjoy them all over again!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment. I appreciate it so much!