Maja Design Card & Appreciation Challenge Post #2

~I Love You Lots!~

I made a commitment a while back to make an effort to create a card for every special person in my life to let them know how much they mean to me. I have been keeping that promise, and interestingly enough, not only has it been a fun challenge, but it has also been a great source of inspiration for me - especially on those days when I feel like I am hitting a creative wall. 

Like today :) 

Could be that my mind has been elsewhere, or it could just be this nice weather that keeps tugging at me, but whatever it is, days like these sometimes get the best of me and I find I struggle to come up with anything creative. 

Do you ever feel that way? If so, what do you use as your inspiration to get through the mental block?


Today's card is for someone extremely close to my heart. 
Without her, I wouldn't be here today. 
No, really. 
I mean, I literally would not be here!

Today's card is for my mom - one of the best friends I have ever had and will ever have.
She is a constant source of love, support, and encouragement in my life, and she carries the brightest heart of anyone I have ever met. I love you, mom. You mean so much to me.


I created this card using soft pastel colors, because she absolutely loves them. I decided to use two violet shades of Maja paper, since it's so very symbolic of her name (Violeta). The papers I used are from the Antligen collection (Syrenen blommar) and the Vintage Spring Basics collection (10th of April).

I used the two beautiful prints to make the background of the card, which I adhered onto craft cardstock, and then covered with pretty lace, ribbon, pearl and burlap trim.


To the center of the card, I added a handmade clay embellishment in a matching kraft color, along with a scallop die-cut, glittery heart, and a couple of paper ribbons with a sentiment. I added a couple of hand-stamped and cut roses using PTI's Rosie Posie set, and a couple of paper ribbons with a stamped sentiment. 

Supplies: Maja Design Paper (Antligen collection (Syrenen blommar), Vintage Spring Basics collection (10th of April)), Kraft Cardstock, Paper Doily, Papertrey Ink Dies (Rosie Posie, Banner Borders), Papertrey Ink Stamps (Rosie Posie), American Crafts Dear Lizzie Sentiment Stamp, Stampin' Up Vintage Button, Trim, Lace, Clay Embellishment, Pearls and Die-Cut Hearts are from my stash.
Thank you so much for joining me today. To all of my Canadian friends, hope you have a lovely Canada Day weekend :) 
*Ivana*
p.s. The beautiful, limited collection, Sofiero is now available for purchase right here!! Stay tuned to see some new projects with this collection right here on my blog very soon!




CONVERSATION

7 lovely comments:

Romy said...

Gosh, what a gorgeous, soft card! I love the different textures that you used here.

Elena Olinevich said...

how this is gorgeous, great card for your mum

Jill Norwood said...

A truly beautiful card for your sweet Mother! I love the pretty papers and all of the sweet details you added! I am sure she will love it! :)

Ros Crawford said...

Incredibly beautiful!! Stunning details ...

Paper Profusion said...

Both a beautiful idea and card Ivana! Nicola x

Karen Otterbacher said...

I sure love the soft muted tones you used here; GORGEOUS!

Magda said...

How beautiful Ivana !!
Lovely, subtile and tender, your mam will be very, very happy! It's so nice of you to make a special card !
Wish you lots of inspiration and nice holidays!
Lovely regards,
Magda

Back
to top