Preview Day 3

~TCM Preview Day 3: Geometric Foundations~

Welcome to TCM Preview Day 3! Today's set is a super versatile and fun one...And if you're like me, and you enjoy stamping your own backgrounds, this set is just perfect for that.

It is a combination of many phrases, stripes, dots, and other little shapes that can be used to build so many different backgrounds.

I decided to do something a little different today and make a couple of banners with the set. 

I wanted to use them in my nephew's photoshoot, so it was a perfect opportunity to break out the stamps and ink away. 


For the base of the banner, I used a Sizzix scalloped banner die, and then I cut two more layers, smaller in size, from felt and white chipboard. 


I stamped the largest chipboard layer with the beautiful chevron stripe stamp, and then layered the felt piece over top.


After that I added one more layer of chipboard, and the matching chipboard alphas. I also added liquid pearls to the center piece, as well as a die-cut star. 


I used a pearl string to hold the banner together, and added a few buttons in between the pennants for a bit more decoration.


The second banner is a much simpler one, and it only took me about 10 minutes to make.


I die-cut some hearts and starts out of white chipboard, chose a few inks and stamped up different designs on the hearts. 


I adhered the hearts and starts onto a piece of twine, and finished it off with some more liquid pearls.

Thanks for joining me today!

If you'd like a chance to win today's featured stamp set, please head over to the TCM blog and leave a comment before 8 pm EST tonight.

See you back here tomorrow,

*Ivana*

CONVERSATION

5 lovely comments:

Valery said...

Love this beautiful banner. And your nephew is adorable. You are one talented gal and a great photographer, your pics of him are amazing. Not sure if you know that I custom design baby blankets at www.sun7designs.com

Sandra said...

very pretty!
Sandra ltb

Susan Clare said...

I love your work! Your use of pastels and photography are outstanding!

Fi said...

As always you items are so soft and pretty can't wait to see more of the pics with your nephew in them, hes a sweetie.

Tanja said...

Lovely cards and your new nephew (and his photos) are lovely!

Back
to top