~Holiday Greetings~

Good morning!
Here today to share a batch of holiday greeting cards {and a gift jar} with you!


I somewhat departed from my traditional off-white color palette and added a few brighter colors to these cards, in a slightly less traditional color palette. 

The holidays are one of my favorite times to play with different colors and unusual combinations. 
Although green, red and blue are typical colors for the season, I find that these shades are slightly a bit more fun & whimsical. I also used a rather large proportion of handmade goodies on these creations, which I always find makes color-coordinating so much easier when working with off-colors.

I first cut out a few hearts and buttons out of white chipboard, and colored them with my Copic markers. 
I also added a few buttons, felt die-cuts as well as a bit of pretty lace.

Then I dyed some ribbon to match, and I made a few resin embellies plus a tad bit of handmade washi tape.
{I especially love how crinkly the homemade tape is...Just the perfect vintage-y accent, I think!}

Combining all of these yummy ingredients was a breeze, since I was able to make them in whichever colors I needed :) 


I don't know if you can see it in this picture, but I also stamped a button image using this set, onto white chipboard and die cut the button shape, which I used under my resin star embellishment, along with a pretty pin (and a sparkly bead).


For the jar, I used most of the same ingredients, as well as plenty of glitter.
The miniature hearts, and circle tags are from this Papertrey Ink die set.

I added a spool and diecut scissors to the top of the jar because I filled the jar with
heaps of handmade resin embellies, felt roses, and handmade pins...Perfect for a crafty, sew-y gift!


I had a tad more of my hand-dyed ribbon left over, so I added it to the jar as well as the remaining card :)


More die-cutting and coloring is featured on this card...Plus I tried out stamping and embossing over Copic-colored shapes, which I LOVE the result of! {Green heart with white quilting}
Next time, though, I will wait until the Copic coat is dry, prior to embossing...Hence avoiding the little specks of powder here and there. 

The embellishment cluster on the card features a whimsie from Webster's Pages, die-cut leaves from this Spellbinder set, as well as die-cut buttons from this Papertrey set. 


This card is slightly different than the ones prior, in that it is a much more subtle card that focuses more on texture as opposed to color. 


I find that layering off-white colors together, allows for the embellishments to stand out that much more, which is a look I always love.

For the embellies, I stamped the main image using this Inkadinkado stamp set, and coloring it in with my Copics. I also colored a few more of the chipboard die-cuts I had remaining to make the heart embellishment.

For the base of the card, I used a combination of lace, fabric and paper...All textures that I adore so much and that work well together when creating with lighter colors.


On the sides of the card I used two different handmade washi tapes, as well as a punched paper border...I really like the combination of the three together to make a subtle, yet textured border around the card.

That's all from me today...Thanks for stopping by!

*Ivana*


CONVERSATION

3 lovely comments:

Keren Tamir said...

Love these projects Ivana!! Simply gorgeous

Donna Ellis said...

Hi, Ivana. I've just enjoyed a lovely morning browsing your blog and falling in love with your designs - so heartfelt and pretty. congratulations on your renewed contract with Maja - I'm looking forward to seeing many more of your designs, now that I've found you - I've become your latest follower! Happy New Year!

Monika/Buzsy said...

These are so pretty! Especially love the jar. :o)

Back
to top