~Holiday Thank You's~

Today has been busy...
Spent most of the morning running errands, making homemade gifts, and organizing goodies for the upcoming craft sale..I really love being busy this time of year. I love how it's all a part of the anticipation of celebrating Christmas.

And it got me thinking...

About all the hours (or days) we all spend during the holidays, thinking about the people we love, and how to show them how grateful we are to be blessed with their presence in our lives...
Whether it be with the perfect gift, a lovely holiday meal, or a fun night of entertaining...We spend so much time trying to get it all just right...Not because we have to, but because we want to.
We all do it from the heart  - For love of the holidays and for what this special time of the year represents...
Time spent with loved ones and the chance to show them how much they mean to us.

Well, all this thinking got me thinking that it's about time to start a new tradition in our family, with Holiday Thank You's, to honour all the special people who make the holidays so magical for us.

After all the gifts are opened and festivities are over, what could be more fun than sending a little thank-you card with a thoughtful message, or a batch of fresh cookies in a homespun gift baggie?


Wouldn't these just be lovely showing up at someone's doorstep?  


I created a batch of cards with matching baggies, and just in case you might want to send one of these little surprises to a loved one, I've made sure to save some for the craft sale next month, as well :)

I gathered piles of brown paper baggies, and decorated them with lots of shabby colors and textures. 
I love that they are not limited to Christmas time, since the colors are so versatile. 


Using a PTI doily die, I cut out some pretty doilies to use on the card and the baggies. 
I added in some kraft cardstock along with ivory cardstock, and used lots of fun toppings, like buttons, flowers, vintage rulers, and fabric, for both the card and the baggies.

Of course, I added in a few stitches...I love how this simple touch adds so much homespun detail to a project.


A while back I created some shabby fabric tape, which I added to the card and the baggies. 
And I spent some time with my die-cut machine, cutting out stars out of a beautiful glittery paper, and some time with my new Copic marker (Cool Shadow), to color in a few die-cut circles. 


Not wanting to use all the same buttons, I pulled out my clay and made this little gem-like button, which I then filled in with platinum Stickles

Of course, then I got off on a tangent and created a whole pile of buttons to share with you all at the craft sale! 
But more on those another time...


Now that I've created these, I feel like I can go back to my busy day of holiday preparations...Maybe even put up the Christmas tree, seeing as it's fully winter outside, and it doesn't seem to be going anywhere soon.

Thanks so much for visiting!

*Ivana*

CONVERSATION

6 lovely comments:

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

Wow!!! These are stunning! I was just thinking about doing a project like these thanks for the inspiration and motivation!

maxine said...

lovely work very pretty x

Romy said...

Wow, both your card and the giftbags look simply gorgeous! I love your elegant style so much!

Ajgacia said...

lovely project of baggies,and sweet snowflakes were used :->

Valery said...

Oh, I love these. Thanks for the inspiration to make some of these special gifts. They are simply beautiful.

Emily Keaton said...

These are so pretty and inspiring! I love all the special touches you've added to each one. These will make the recipients so happy!

Back
to top