~So Much to Share~

Hope you are all doing well :) Sorry I missed you on Sunday....Hope you all had a wonderful Easter and a great weekend!

We actually decided to go home for a few days over the long weekend....We had a lot to accomplish, so we decided to head home and get some extra help.

We arrived on Thursday night to a little bit of rain, and woke up to a pretty heavy snowfall. Although not unusual for this time of year, we were surprised at just how much snow we got. 

It actually felt a lot more like Christmas than Easter with all white around us...Not exactly sure how much snow we got, but parts of our cars were covered with at least two feet...And I'm not even talking about the drifts!

Luckily for us, the weather allowed us to get a lot accomplished off our list, without feeling too guilty about missing the all the outdoor fun. 

Friday morning, bright and early, we made a delicious pork shoulder brine for our pulled pork dry run, for the Summer Lovin Soiree. (If you'd like more info on our SLS, you can read all about it in my wedding journal here.)

 We decided a little while ago that we would switch things up from a burger bbq to pulled pork. After a bit of searching online, I found an awesome recipe from Kevin & Amanda (my fave couple bloggers!) and put the recipe to work! It was soooo simple to make.  

While the pork was chillin' in the fridge, we got busy doing other things...

I brought all of our canning and crafting supplies home so that we could  make our Summer Lovin Soiree favors...We spent the rest of Friday canning yummy grapefruit jelly.


Mark's parents stopped by for a little visit to help, and to talk wedding stuff. It was such a perfect day.

Next day, bright and early, I finished decorating my shower boxes. Although my MOH was quite hesitant, I  did manage to make her pass down the task of decorating the boxes to me, which I enjoyed thoroughly!
The two of us even found some time to sneak in a little visit...And a trip to the shower location :)

Not long after, we made our way to Mark's house to lend our dads a helping hand in covering the large pool in Mark's house. Months earlier, when we decided that we would have a summer party in lieu of a wedding in Canada, we knew that we needed a lot of space....Mark's parents graciously offered to let us host the party there and to cover their existing pool, to create a large room for the party, in addition to the garden.

Both of our dads had been busily working on this project for a while now, and really appreciated the help from the boys this weekend. I can't say I was of much use with the physical work, but I did bring all of the favors, and got tons accomplished. Of course, I would have been nowhere without my girls...Thank you Melissa, Linda, Mom, and Amy for all the help!!! A very special thanks to my sweet niece, too :) I am so grateful for her crafty little hands and all of her help

We managed to get ALL of the tea wedding favors decorated that day, and I finished up the jelly favors the day after.

Here's a sneak of them...


If you'd like to read more, and check out all the details about our Summer Lovin' Soiree, as well as my crafting for the wedding, you can see my post on the DRW blog here.

I imagine you must be tired of hearing about the wedding, so I've created a couple of cards to share with you as well!


I've really had a thing for felt lately...So I used one of my fave glimmer mist colors and misted some white felt...It worked so well that I dug out the rest of my white stash and misted all the squares with different colors. Now I have a whole rainbow of felt to play with :) 


For the first card, I stitched kraft cardstock and white die-cut cardstock together for the base.


I used a beautiful stamp from the Sew Lovely TCM stamp set to stamp the button card. I cut out the inside of the button card so that I could add more dimension to the card.


I used some of the hand-dyed felt to make this simple flowers...It's just five die-cut hearts sewn together at the center and folded. 


The sentiment is stamped with one of my all-time faves from TCM, Celebrating You.


I couldn't resist creating something else, so I created this gift card holder with a teensy pocket at the front. The felt flap acts like a hinge to keep the pocket (and the giftcard) closed safely!

Lastly, I am SO excited to share that today is the debut of my Miss Arts class!!! 


You can check out more info about the video here, or just go here to sign up!!! 


Thank you all for visiting and for all of your continued kind words. I am so sorry that I've been so MIA lately...I know that one of these days I will have more time to devote to crafting and blogging. I am so thankful that you visit my little blog, despite my tardiness. 

Sending hugs to you all, 

*Ivana*










CONVERSATION

3 lovely comments:

pattyo said...

Wow! You've managed to accomplish quite a lot in one weekend. The favors and cards look fabulous!

Fi said...

These are all gorgeous loving the craft with the pastel tones, just beautiful work with all the detail.

Susie said...

I wanted to let you know that I loved you little gift card holder so much, that I CASE'd it for a card that I made today! I've linked my blog post to yours.

I'm so inspired by your work!

Back
to top