~Home...~


Decided yesterday that I would drive home for a few days. I took these few days off work as far as last August, thinking that this week we might plan some type of a get-away. Mark got pulled away on a business trip, and I realized how much I needed to get done. So I kept my time off, scurrying this past weekend to tie up all the loose ends, accomplish all the little things that have been put off for far too long. It was a productive weekend, and a pretty emotional one too.  

By the time Tuesday rolled around, I realized that all I really needed...I mean really, really needed, was some time off. Real time off. Not the kind that is filled with menial little tasks and a huge to-do list.

I knew if I stayed in the city, I would probably find ways to occupy my time and fail to do what I really need right now....Relax.

So I drove home yesterday. It was so strange. I can't remember the last time I had done that myself. Mark is always with me. It was nice in a way. I listened to girly music. Did a lot of thinking. Good thinking. 
Got excited for many of the wonderful things coming up in my life. {I really needed that, by the way} 
Got excited about a few days at home with my mom. 

I love spending time with her. She is so warm and kind. Passionate and a good kind of crazy. 

I picked up a couple of coffees before pulling up to the house. We had a great conversation about a lot of these things that have been on my mind. I always think being busy is good, but it's good to have nothing to do except talk once in a while too. 

I also brought my scrappy bags home. I love our kitchen table and how bright and lively it is. It has always been my favorite place to craft. Not to mention the subtle sounds of family, love and comfort in the background, like a gentle reminder of the simple joys of life. 

I really love my family, my home, my life. Sometimes I need a reminder and coming here always does the trick.

I also really love you all, and treasure how you fill my heart with a sense of belonging and happiness. You give me purpose to write and to create. Thank you.

 I also love reading your comments. So kind and encouraging. They make me tear up. Happy tears, of course :)

I love getting your emails. I love staying connected and making friends from all over this beautiful world. 

I love creating with you mind.

But today, I'm unsure if I will create anything... If I do, I'll post :)

For now, I am simply going to enjoy this day. 

I hope you all do the same!

*Ivana*






CONVERSATION

7 lovely comments:

Astrid Maclean said...

Hi Ivana,
I don't often comment on your blog but I always look, love and feel inspired. I really loved your post today, I could really relate to it, though I am much more the age of your mum. I guess I can feel how what you say, would feel from your mum's side and I bet she had a really great day too!! Hope your day was really relaxing and has offered you the time and peace to get a knew perspective.
Crafty hugs from Scotland!

Vicky Alberto said...

Glad you had a nice break at home - take care of yourself!

Nadia Cannizzo said...

beautiful post. read each word.. enjoy your time with family and you a re such a lovely person it is hard not to be happy in your company :) Take care and have a great weekend.

Jann said...

A wonderful post! Very inspiring--have a good rest!

Ros said...

Wish I could see all of this card ... it looks so beautiful ... nice that you were able to go home to relax ... How I miss having my Mum... have a lovely day

Cayla Dodd Gaudet said...

I'm so glad you are getting a chance to relax and spend some time with family! I remember taking a trip to calgary by myself with no kids or husband and it was kinda nice!! I could just sit and relax and enjoy the silence and moments with no demands!!
But I miss you!!!! Enjoy the rest of your time at home!! And we will talk to you when you get back! I'm always here for you if you need me!!

pattyo said...

We all need to take time to ourselves once in awhile to just be! No to do lists! Enjoy this time.

Back
to top