~An Apple A Day...~

Hi friends, how are you all doing tonight?
We have had some bad news about a dear friend, and I have had a very hard time dealing with the news today...Mostly because I feel as if sometime the worst of things happen to the kindest of people.
I know that life is not always easy, but for some people, the hardships never seem to end...

My heart goes out to our friend, and makes me feel so blessed.
Sometime daily life can take away our perspective from all the blessings we truly have...I have to remind myself constantly to be thankful for all the treasures in my life. And I am.

I thankful for my family, my friends, for all of you who read my little blog, my art, my home...And so many other things that others can only dream of ...

So I thought I would pay tribute to something that I am thankful for...Despite how small...

I love apples and everything they represent.
I love budding apple blossoms in the spring, the warmth of apple cider on a cold winter's night , the smell of freshly baked apple pie, the tartness of fresh apple juice, and every once in a while, just a good, 'ole fashioned 'apple a day' :)


I found these adorable stamps that were just perfect for my apple card! So I decided to combine a Valentine's themed card, this card by this week's Color Room pallette, and my love of apples!

If you've never visited the Color Room, I would say you must! Every once in a while, when I am low on inspiration, I love to visit color challenge blogs and galleries and get inspired by some wonderful color combos! The Color Room has such beautiful color inspirations and creations by so many talented artists, that one cannot help but feel inspired when browsing through all the art...



Other products I've used on this card...Postage stamp chipboard by Maya Road, frame stamped in green from The Craft's Meow (Lovely Labels 18), apple stamp set from WRMK, and postage die from MFT.


For the trim, I've used Maya Road crocheted trim. For the sides of the card, I used green embossing powder to change the color. This is so easy to do! Simply ink your trim with clear embossing ink, and sprinkle your favourite embossing powder color, and use a heat gun to set. Hope you give it a try sometime!

Thank you all for visiting  and for listening :)

G'nite

*Ivana*

CONVERSATION

5 lovely comments:

Jolaine Frias said...

So beautiful! Your cards are always so detailed, very inspirational!

Becky said...

wow..This is gorgeous! Beautiful layout and details.

pattyo said...

So sorry to hear about your friend. It really does make you stop and think how precious life is and to appreciate what we have. Love this card--it is so adorable!

Fi said...

This is so beautiful, love allthe layering.

Julie Soricelli said...

I am so sorry to hear about your friend. Sometimes it is difficult to keep moving forward in the light of hard news. Thank you for continuing to inspire. Beautiful!

Back
to top