~Once Upon a Sketch~

Hi friends! I promise I am still here! Stopping by today to say hello and share a little creation with you!

Recently, I was invited by my dear friend, Nadia Cannizzo, to join her spectacular challenge blog, Once Upon a Sketch, as a guest designer for the month of December! My heart fluttered a little bit because I have never really been very successful with sketches and interpreting them into my own work. Somehow my creations always steer their own path and I end up with something entirely different...

So I thought about the challenge and decided that it was time I learned how to follow a sketch! No better way to do so, than with a sketch challenge blog like Nadia's, if you ask me! The artistry on her blog is such an inspiration and all it took was a simple visit, to make me say, YES, I'd love to do it!!!

So here is the sketch and journalling challenge I got to use as inspiration!



December 1st Challenge

Journalling Criteria/theme: The thing I look most forward to in December.

Write at least 2 sentences on what you look forward to in the next month. December is a festive month so your journalling could be about the Christmas season, the holidays, the presents or if you do not celebrate Christmas what does December bring for you that you look most forward to? Note:You layout DOES NOT have to be about Christmas! It can be about anything December brings.

Other ideas for journalling: an annual holiday or celebration, a specific event such as putting up the Christmas tree or pre Christmas traditions you might have leading up to Christmas, family time, snow covered fields or warmer weather, time off work, school holidays, change of weather, new season fruit.

And here is my creation!


 I chose to create a card and focus on one of my favourite quotes....I really enjoy going home for the holidays. Home really is where the heart is!
The Christmas holidays are really the only time of the year that I get to be with my family for more than a weekend, and it is pretty much the only time that we are all there together. It also helps that my fiance's family lives in the same town, so it minimizes our travels quite a bit and we are all able to be together for Christmas! We usually get at least a full week of visiting at home and it is wonderful! 


For this card, I used the Simple Stories Generations paper..


And spent some quality time with my scissors :) I just adore fussy cutting! 


For the background, I used this Prima stamp, and some Distress Inks to soften the harsh white.  The little cherub is an item I found in a craft store quite a while ago, which I distressed and painted white.

I am so happy that I decided to join the challenge and try and stick to the sketch inspiration! It wasn't easy....But I think I could get good at this...Or at least, I hope!

Thanks so much for stopping by today and I hope you'll visit the Once Upon a Sketch blog to check out how you can play along!!!

*Ivana*

CONVERSATION

4 lovely comments:

dstandard said...

Fabulous card - love how you worked that sketch!

Nadia Cannizzo said...

Incredible work as always. SO inspiring! Thanks for being our Guest this month

Zarah said...

That is beauuuutiful!! GREAT job! :D

Kek's said...

Ivana, this card is so beautiful. I love all the details you use. It's so vintage, and colors are great.

Back
to top