~Do you ever feel this way?~ 

Hello all! I took some time this morning to reflect upon the past several months...I always get into a very reminiscent mood this time of year. Could be the approaching new year, could be that things usually slow down at this time allowing me some time to think...

I can't say that I have any regrets from this previous year, only tiny reminders of things I could have avoided/done differently. None too important to dwell on right now...

But what really stood out for me, were all the thoughts of things I had accomplished and moments I've treasured... Taking the time to reminisce about some of my favourite days.

My thoughts brought me to this past summer...
We normally travel in the summer, and this past year was an exception...We actually stayed put.  For the whole summer!  And you know what? It was kind of nice.

Sure we were busy. But we always are. As hard as it is sometime, I've learned just how important it is to take a time out. Even if it means that you have to say no to someone or something. Even if you feel beyond guilty about taking a day or two for just yourself and your family. It isn't always easy, but it is always worth it.

One of my favorite days happened to fall right on the busiest weekend at our store. It was sooooo hard for me to take that personal time. The truth is, my parents were coming in for a muchly over-due visit, and our plans had been set in place long before we had known of the events that would be going on that weekend at the store.

It was hard to not be there. But as I look back, I am so glad I  took the time to cherish every minute with my parents here.Our time together was wonderful.

One of the places we visited is a well-known acreage a little ways out of the city...It's the kind of place where you can really feel at one with the nature...The owners have done a wonderful job turning the entire area into an  unforgettable experience...They provide everything from a u-pick, to a fabulous little restaurant and even a cute gift-shop...Not to mention the charming nursery on-site and the acres upon acres of beautifully landscaped grounds.

We spent an entire afternoon there, enjoying the fresh air and all the scenery. 
I took quite a few photos, and this one is probably my favourite of the day. It captures exactly what I think of when I think of that day.
Content. Serenity. Family. Time Well Spent.


So  after months of scrapbooking hiatus, I found my inspiration.
With just a few thoughts, and a picture of my mom, I sat down, and for the first time in a long time, I didn't want to create a card, or an altered item, or even a mini album. I wanted to create a layout.
One perfect page. Of a perfect day. And my idea of a perfect person.


It really does make a difference when you create from the heart. All the little details on this layout would have normally been too tedious for me if I was rushing to get a project done, or if I was trying to create in between work, deadlines, and all of life's other important things.  That's one of the reasons cardmaking is my preferred creative outlet. Despite all the detail,  with a card, I can still create something special in a period of time that works with my life.

But for this page, I took the time. I am so glad I did. I love the way it turned out. 


I used soft colors not only because I love them, but also because that is something my mom and I share. 
She loves the soft pastels just as much I as I do.
I thought Kaiser Craft's beautiful collection was perfect for this.

I worked in some softly glittered Prima blooms and a handful of shabby little roses I bought from Michael's a while back.

To work in the pink color - which was surprisingly hard to find - I painted a few of the chipboard buttons and the pretty Webster's Pages grand lace.

The words are from a Diction sticker sheet by Authentique. It's a fabulous collection of words, in just the right size, for just about any topic. Once you start playing with them...Let me tell you... 
I know you'll love em as much as I do :)


I guess it's not that my inspiration for scrapbooking ever really left..I suppose I just needed a break, more than anything.
My thoughts this morning left me with a desire to re-live some of the perfect moments of the year past, and I just felt this need to scrapbook this photo and bring the good moments back to life.

Do you ever feel this way?
I really hope I'm not the only one :)

*Ivana*



CONVERSATION

7 lovely comments:

Melissa* said...

Beautiful layout!! What a sweet and wonderful tribute to your Mom!

Steph Devlin said...

Hey Beautiful, please don't be so hard on yourself. I have been scrapbooking for 7 years now, and I have days, which turn into weeks, that I don't want to go near my desk. The trouble is we try to create beauty day after day after day, always coming up with new designs, ideas and concepts. Sometimes it just becomes to much and the brain screams STOP!!!!!!!!!!!!! I need a break. Hence the mojo going on holiday. It happens to everybody. I have days where I feel like giving up scrapbooking all together. So I take off as much time as I need, do NORMAL things (LOL) like watch a movie, go shopping and totally forget everything scrapbooking. Then when Im ready I will hop on the computer and be inspired by something Ive seen, and BAMM!!!! mojo has come back....... so please don't worry, we have all been there. Your work is so so beautiful and unique give it the justice it needs by letting it rest and regroup all its creative energy and gorgeous ideas so when you are ready, your talent will just flow.
Love 2 u ~ Steph ~

Inusia said...

so beautiful!

Janice said...

Beautiful LO and a beautiful photo of your mum! I love your blog and the gentleness of your spirit. Hugs, Janice.

pattyo said...

Lovely layout!

Sabrina said...

Ahhh so heartwarmingly beautiful, Ivana! I understand what you were saying. I sometimes think we scrap the best when we are not referring to any DT job/challenge. Take care and hope you have a wonderful week so far :)

Denise van Deventer said...

An absolutely gorgeous page! TFS

Back
to top