~Buttons, Glitter and Webster's!~

How delightful! All the things I love...Handmade touch of buttons, the glimmery sparkle of chunky glitter, and  delicate papers and trim from Webster's Pages! 


I wanted to create a simple card with fewer layers than I normally do - but I found it pretty bare for my liking...And decided to create an easy embellishment with lots of teeny little buttons...What do you think? My inspiration for this card is from one of my most favourite creative idols, Melissa Philips :) Her work never fails to make me swoon!


I started with a shape I love so much and traced it onto some lovely Webster's Paper from this 6x6 paper collection....I cut it out and glued pink buttons of different sizes to fill in the shape. 
I added a bit of white paint before I added the glitter....And that is pretty much it! Super easy, huh?  And a great way to use up all of those buttons kicking around in your scrappy stash!


I layered a chipboard frame over the button bundle and added a Maya Road crystal trinket (which I painted white and glittered).


Lastly, I added a little banner and a wonderful flower - my fave at the moment - gifted to me by my sweet friend Bonnie (Thank You!!!!)

I hope you'll give this technique a try - it would be so lovely to do this on your favorite chipboard pieces, alphas, or as a frame around a photo! 

Wishing you all a happy day,

*Ivana*

p.s. **THANK YOU** for all the love and wonderful comments during the TCM blog hop! Now wait until you see the gorgeous stamps in the upcoming November release...Yikes, it's gonna be looooooong and agonizing wait for the previews!

CONVERSATION

9 lovely comments:

Romy said...

Wowzers, this card is just beyond words! Sooo stunning! I love your amazing use of the buttons.

Melissa* said...

Beautiful card Ivana! I love to see the darker color, it's perfect for this time of year. I also love how you put your own unique stamp on Webster's papers, you make it different from everyone else, so pretty :)

KarenC Inspired said...

The card is SO Beautiful! I love buttons, but you've added so much more character with the paint & glitter!

Vicky Alberto said...

delicious card!

Sabrina said...

Your cards never fail to make me swoon too!! ;) This is so pretty, Ivana!! Loving it!! xoxo.

Asia said...

Incredible card !

Dara Lynn said...

What a beautiful card!!! Love the buttons and glitter!!! Looks like candy!! mmmmm! :)

Robin Shakoor said...

Absolutely beautiful! I love the way you used the buttons.

pattyo said...

Thanks for sharing how this card came together! It is gorgeous! Melissa is a favorite of mine, too, for her lovely inspiration as well as you.

Back
to top