~The 'Bolme' Touch~

Hi friends! Thank you for such a wonderful turnout for the Scrap That! blog hop and The Craft's Meow previews and hop as well! It was so wonderful to see so many old friends (and new ones) and I just want to thank each and every one of you for your beautiful comments! I sat down last night and went through all the comments and even though I may not be able to get back to each and every one of you to let you know just how thankful I am, I hope you know just how much your sweet words mean to me!!!  

As promised, today's post is all about the lovely class I took last week! If you missed my post about the lil trip we took to Edmonton, I'll fill ya in :) As a part of our new store opening, my dear friend and I headed out of our city for a few days to do some SERIOUS shopping - I'm talking scrapbook warehouse/IKEA/Homesense/anything else we could fit into our time there...To prepare for our store opening which is just around the corner! Did I mention that we filled an ENTIRE U-Haul truck with yummy goodies...? Yes, I call that a very succesful trip! And if you are reading this and just so happen to be from Saskatoon, I can say that we have one amazing store in the works and we can't wait to see you all there once we open!!!

So naturally, when we heard that Ms. Ingvild (a.k.a. my BIGGEST scrappy idol) was going to be in Edmonton, it was a no-brainer! So thanks to Lori and her amazing new store, we got to take both of Ms. Bolme's classes

So today I will share my creations with you!

I wish I had some pics from the class to share - those will have to come later - as I did not have my personal camera there and I'm still waiting to see the pics myself

Also, I can't give away too much info as I know that some of you still plan to make it to Ingvild's upcoming classes...So I will stick to the basics and not divulge too much information. :) Besides, the details sound soooo much  better coming from her...TRUST me! lol 

~Class One~


Ohhh I am still amazed with the beauty of her work....


 Here is part one of a standing frame we created the first night. We got to use all of the new tools that Ingvild released at the summer CHA with Prima. I have to say, I am not a 'distresser' but her complete line of distressing tools and inks had me completely hooked!
So much so that we have pre-ordered the entire line for the shop!!!


Here is a close up of some of the products we used in the class...Some old and some new...It was so great to see how all of Prima's goodies work so well together...And a great inspiration to back into my stash and use up some of these pieces!


I loved playing with the distress tool - you can see that all the edges look so well worn...And the best part? You can do it all with just one tool! Not to mention how super easy it is to hold and how well thought out it is!


 This is part two of the standing frame....


Again, lots of beautiful Prima goodies and some Ingvild's fave flowers...Which she also designed!


And a good amount of distressing and inking all over...


~Class Two~


The second night we created this incredibly beautiful layout and it was so amazing to catch a glimpse into how her gorgeous masterpieces come together! I must say, without her kind guidance, I would have never been able to create this layout! Her work is so detailed and spectacular, and my patience is very thin..lol


Again, close-up of some of the amazing products used in the class...Oh and recognize that pic in the layout? I finally got to scrap it! :)


My fave? The lovely resin windows and birds!!! Ingvild's complete line up of resin and metal embelishments is breath-taking and it was so neat to use them in the classes!

Isn't this lil chubby bird just about the cutest thing you've ever seen?! I just fell in love with all the little characters! I seriously think I will need to clear a full shelf in my scraproom just for all the new resin embellies from Prima!

So now that you've seen what I got to create last week, I want to invite you back here tomorrow, as I will be feauturing all my new creations using the BRAND NEW Prima paper! Chantel from Treasured Memories pulled some major strings to get all the new Prima paper lines into the shop for the class, so that means that we were some of the first gals in the world to purchase all the new Prima paper...So what did I do? Bought almost every paper, of course! 

So starting tomorrow, I'll be sharing a new creation each day! Hope to see you here! :)

*Ivana*

CONVERSATION

8 lovely comments:

Sabrina said...

Ivana, these are SO beautiful!! You are so lucky! I can't stop staring :)))

Gerry said...

WOW, sweeite, these are really amazing!!!! You did such a fantastic job!!!!! Hugzzzzzzz ~Gerry~

Dara Lynn said...

I have been MIA for a few days and had to catch up on ALLL the fabulous things my sweet thang has been up to! The Crafts Meow has some gorgeous stamps being released..love them all...can't pick a favorite. I am in awe of all the beautiful cards Ivana!!! TFL them all!!!

Kathy murphy said...

this is getting me so excited for the new store to open, these pics are just so beautiful I might have to come see you for coffee some day to talk and see these in person.

Tanya said...

Oh these are just totally gorgeous!! You lucky, lucky girl, so much fun and a Uhaul full, oh I am so jealous! lol.

LISA said...

Goodness, how gorgeous!!! I am just loving the layout!! You have done a gorgeous job with Ingvilds style!! The class must have been awesome!!

Luz Maria Bruna said...

Wow Ivana those projects are absolutely precious my friend.What a lucky girl!!! I would love to have a class with Ingvild.....but nobody comes to the end of the world.
PS,thanks for all the love you left to me on SB.com.

Eila Sandberg said...

Aaaah can sure see the Ingvild touch on your magical creations!! that lady is pure talent and just awesome! Am so thrilled that she will FINALLY come to Sweden (that's practically around the block from where she lives in Norway)to run a workshop and I'm all signed-up and rearing to go. Yeeehaa! so looking forward to seeing more of your gorgeous work Ivana! xxx

Back
to top