~Scrap That! Reveal~
 It's that time friends! So happy to be back to creating with the lovely kits after the postal strike... Boy what a headache that was! When I heard that we would have to skip July's kit...I was SO dissapointed! But that did mean that I had some extra time to play with the August kit goodies...So I have two layouts and two cards to share with you today for our August Kit Reveal!

Be sure to scroll down for all the info on how you can join in to win some fabulous prizes!

I was a little outside my comfort zone with this month's kit, especially with all the darker colors, but with a splash of white paint...Okay, maybe more than a splash...I got my creative juices flowin!
 ~The Sinking City~

 This is probably my fave of the patterend papers (from the Bo-Bunny Timepiece Collection) in the kit! I wish I had 20 of them! lol I love the soft color (surprise, surprise...) and I love that it was so easy to pull this layout together. Just a focal point, and the patterned paper does the rest! SO simple and fun!


I added in some white paint - See how it magically transforms the dark flowers into lovely, soft blooms? I LOVE white paint! :)  
I also used a clock stamp and an Espresso Paint Dabber to stamp the image around the flower...


I splattered a few colors of Glimmer Mist (Tattered Leather and Suede) - which has quicky become one of my fave techniques...and then added a bit more white paint...Just for good measure :) 

~So Happy~

I looooooved working with this paper...It's a lovely corrugated-cardboard type paper...And soooo fun to paint! Again...I wanted to keep the design pretty simple...Just clustering a few of the lovley flowers, alphas, and ribbons from the kit around the photo of us :)


I don't know about you, but I sometime find that petals such as this one, tend to have variations in color, and sometimes don't work with the particular color scheme that I am working with, so what do I do? You guessed it...White paint! lol I simply covered the center of the large flower with some paint to cover up all the pink tones!


Just a close-up of the lil clocks I cut out of the pretty Bo Bunny paper...And a little peek at the Dusty Attic piece included in the kit! Yum! 

  And just a few of the alphas that I altered slightly...
Check back soon for the tutorial, in which I will share how you can create this look yourself!

 ~Happy Birthday~


I adore the piece of burlap that was included in this month's kit! I mean, how fun is that?! I love playing with different textures in my paper crafting...And burlap happens to be one of my faves! 


I loved the 'matching' ribbon included in the kit...It's sooo lovely!


Again, all the flowers got a generous coating of white paint...And I am much happier with the lighter look :)

~Best Wishes~


Lastly, I created another card using the burlap again, only this time, I ran it through my Big Shot, with the Grommet Tags die and I was astonished how beautifully it worked in cutting through all those weaves! Then I painted the edges and embellished around the tag with the lovely flowers and sprigs included in the kit.


Some close-ups...


lol I wasn't kidding when I said I love white paint....


Now for the fun part! 
There will be a grand prize for one lucky winner of a Scrap That! kit...The second prize will be full of Dusty Attic chipboard...
AND..... if that isn’t enough, BO BUNNY has generously offered a prize as well!  So that’s not one, not two, but THREE chances to win!!  If you upload our Blinkie to your blog and our blog patrollers see it, you will increase your chances of winning!
**Remember, that in order to qualify for the prizes you must:
1) VISIT ALL TEN BLOGS ON THE HOP, LEAVE A COMMENT AND BECOME A FOLLOWER OF EACH BLOG
2) GO TO SCRAP THAT! FACEBOOK PAGE AND BECOME A FRIEND
3) GO TO THE SCRAP THAT! SOCIAL COMMUNITY AND BECOME A MEMBER OF THAT BLOG

You have until Sunday, July 31st, 12 am MST to play along!
 Hope you head on over to Karen's blog now and check out her gorgeous creations!!!! Watch our newsletter on August 22nd to see if you are one of the lucky winners!

Thanks for hopping with us!

*Ivana*



CONVERSATION

46 lovely comments:

Shona said...

all amazing projects...I love the soft colors and how you use the whites to soften eventhing...gorgeous

Lori said...

Ivana - I was wondering how you were going to put your signature "airy fresh" look on these papers with the darker tones. I love how you used white paint to soften all the colors! Magical!

belinee said...

Amazing job! I, as a regular reader of your blog, always pay special attention to your work. They are wonderful! Are very light, delicate and harmonious ... Thank you for your creative! Sorry for my English.. :)))

Márcia Elisa Ferraz said...

Amazing projects! Congrats!

Anna C said...

Your creations are beautiful...love how you used those BO Bunny papers!

Tina said...

All beautiful projects here! love your touches of white!

Vicky Alberto said...

Love the white paint, gorgeous reveal... and that first layout is heavenly!

Lolô Artesanato said...

Hi Nadia
Like always your work is amazing!
I love it all!
xx
Leila
leilacassimira@gmail.com

(I'm already follower and here for the blog hop)

Pips said...

Ohhh my ..... What gorgeous projects you have made with the kit - i cant wait till it comes to Denmark - hehe. Love your works!! Have a great weekend. Dorthe

Cottagerca said...

Ivana, i think that martha stewart will hire you with all your white paint experience...smile, beautiful as usual
ava

Jolanda said...

The white paint sure was more than a little splash, but I love what you did with it.
Seeing these truly wonderfull creations of yours, I can't waint to see what the other DT-members did with this kit.

Romy said...

Your work with this kit is just pure magic! I love the soft white feel you added to all the details and papers. These pages and cards are simply divine!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bubby's Momma said...

This is going to be my first kit so I am overly excited. Beautiful work. I just started using gesso and I love it!

sonyaeverding said...

Absolutely gorgeous project but then you have beatiful supplies to start off with. I love your point of vie on your layouts. Great Job.

Angie Brown said...

Fabulous inspiration, thank you for sharing, love the rustic feel :) Angie B.

Luz Maria Bruna said...

Everything is so precious my friend!!!

Ruby said...

Your work is stunning. Love the canvas painted. Thanks for the inspiration

Nicole Brenna said...

I love your layouts and the painted burlap is soooo cool! You are a very talented lady!

Ruby said...

I forgot to mention I am now a follower.

Fi said...

Gorgeous designs, you have such a nak with gesso paint.

Sandi Smith said...

wow Ivana...your creations are stunning! Love them all!

Scossie Jane said...

Stunning layouts and gorgeous cards, love the softness you have brought to them.... Hugs x

Mona E said...

Hi Ivana!
I`m not surprised that your fav paper of the BoBunny`s is the one on the first pic. It is totally your colours, lol. I really love what you have done with this collection. And i really love your style. I have been a follower for a while and although i don`t allways make a comment when i visit, i really love you work. It is really inspirational to pop by your blog. Have a great weekend. Hugs...Mona

MichR said...

Wow..love what you have done here...I cant wait to get my kit and start my creations too

Sandydee said...

Wow! Amazing layout and cards. I like the way you used the white paint.

Sandy duley

Scrap by Rô said...

Love, love the effect with the burlap. I have to try it. Thanks for sharing.
Hugs
Rosana

Fran Brunke said...

Simple is GOOD in your talented hands. Love how you've transformed the darker colours and textures here into something magical and light.

Dara Lynn said...

What a beautiful twist with the Bo Bunny Time piece line!!! It would not be yours without your splash/dash of white paint! It really brings softness to all of your layouts and cards!!! I love the 3rd card!!!!! All the layers and textures are perfect girlie!! Fixin to bop over to Karen's blog:) Good luck to all who enter :)

Leanne4Ever said...

oh Ivana How I have MISSED you!!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE absolutely everything you do! Great stuff as always :D

Crafty_Lady said...

I love your use of the paper collection.

Ann Marie said...

I just luv ur LO. The white paint makes all other colors so SOFT. Keep up ur gud work.

Lorena said...

Thanks for sharing - great use of all that bird poop .... errr... I mean white paint - no seriously, I love how it softens everything. Very unique, and effective. Already a fan of Scrap that - be sure to check out my layouts on the community and my blog.

www.scrapingcorner.blogspot.com

Lana Vassallo said...

Love the paint!

Lou Collins said...

i adore what you have done with the kit...it is all so pretty! I too love white paint :) Thank you for all the inspiration x

Emmy said...

Gorgeous examples, Ivana! Thank you for the daily inspiration!

Addicted Scrapper said...

Beautiful LO and cards!

TFS!!
Alina
Alina.Luis@live.com

Linda Pekrul said...

Holy moses girl...you ROCK the white paint! Beautiful, beautiful work!

Ruki said...

wow! stunning! and LOVE your use of white paint!

Tamzen said...

very delicate, and inspiring, thank you

Bren said...

Gorgeous work, you are very talented.

sandi_serge said...

Stunning work! Thank-you for sharing.

terriK said...

I tend to use bright or darker colors in my lo's. You just may have converted me to soft colors. Love how you painted the burlap best of all

Sanderijn Mittendorff said...

You make lovely work! i am not participating for the prize but just wanted to say that your work is beautiful!

Robin said...

Stunning as always! I love each and every project.

Eila Sandberg said...

Hi! Been backtracking your blog maaaany weeks back and am still totally gobsmacked at what I've seen! You are just so incredibly talented and create the most out-of-this-world pages and cards! I've visited your blog many many times before and each time I have just gone oooh and aaah, you have the yummiest of shabby styles in the scrapposphere Ivana and that's why they are so lucky to have you on all the teams where you are DT. It's impossible for your to create anything but beauty! Adore all of your work 100%. xoxox

Back
to top