~A Moment to Pause~

Hi friends. Hope you've been well. I know this post is long overdue as I've had some time off from work and have been on a mini-vacay for the past few days. It was so wonderful to get away for the long weekend, especially since this week has been a tough one. So much has happened (including some sad news) and I just wish I could share all the details with you right now...But it is still hard to say the outcome of everything that has happened and what is to come, so I will stay positive and do what I love, and hopefully, somehwere in there, everything else will fall into place :)

And of course, as soon as I know more, I will be sure to share and keep you in the loop. So sorry I can't be more specific right now.

The good news is that I will finally have some time to catch up with my never-ending to-do list, and hopefully if all works out, I may even have a moment to pause and enjoy some of the more simple things in life :)

On a much happier note, I just got back from a fantabulous Webster's Pages online chat, and I have a little card and mini album to share with you all created for my wonderful mom (it was her birthday yesterday).

I dug out my Webster's Pages box of yummy goodies and created for hours. It was probably just as much of a gift to me as it was for my mom. It's amazing what a passion of crafting can do for one's soul. And it's even more amazing how much a few un-interrupted hours of crafting can do for my spirit.

So here's what I've created...First up, a little giftcard using the gorgeous Webster's Pages Trendsetter and Country Estate collections.



I absolutely adore Webster's designs...Not just for the breath-taking graphics, but also the subtle prints and stunning colors...Each so versatile and mixable...I've loved playing with all the beautiful Webster's papers throughout the years...Mixing the old with the new...Always discovering new combinations and new favourites...



For the card itself, I used a beautiful Webster's Pages paper from the Lullaby collection...onto which I layered some lovely teal print from the Country Estate collection...



I added in a pop of pink from a lovely paper in the Trendsetter collection, and beautiful Webster's Pages trim (Spring Eyelet). I used my new favourite punch from EK Success (I seriously have an addiction) and a few touches from my stash like the buttons, paper string, and misted ribbon...

Then I created this coordinating mini with the same papers and a few Webster's Pages yummy and irresistible embellies :)



Using a tag, I traced the shape onto cardstock and various solid colored Webster's Pages papers for easy layering. I used the same colors as in the card, softening the colors slightly with a swipe or two of white paint...



For the cover, I dusted a gorgeous Webster's Fabric Flower with white paint and chunky, sparkly, glitter :)



Here is a close-up, as well as a shot of the yummy little WP chipboard button, and pink Whimsie flowers with a few dashes of paint...



Keeping with the color theme, I added a beeeaautiful Fabric Ticket (I've been dying to use these!! And I LOVE them!), and some custom-misted ribbon, and buttons from my stash...



Here, I added in some Fabric Ribbon that perfectly coordinate with the colors of my mini, and a teensy little Push Pin...How cute?!



Here are some close-ups...



See that little pin? I absolutely love it! And the cutest part is how they come packaged! Check it out here...I am working on a little project with the cube as we speak...Stay tuned to see what I create with it :)



Here's the third page of the mini, and here I added in a Whimsie birdie (so sweet) with a bit of white paint for some definition...



Couple more close-ups...



And the last, but not least, page of the mini...



Using more Chipboard Buttons, pretty Fabric Ribbon and lovely papers...



Teeny wooden hearts from my stash...



For a mini absolutely loved by my sweet mum :) I know she will just love adding in her fave pics in all the little photo mats I've left for her :)

So that's it! Thanks for listening, and for always being there. I appreciate your visits and sweet comments more than words can say.
I'll be back with more juicy projects and hopefully some good news soon. :)


*Ivana*

p.s. Be sure to stop by and check out the AMAZING sale going on now at Webster's Pages! Trust me, you don't want to miss out on this deal!!! Just click on the Warehouse Sale pic and check out the incredible deal for yourself!



12 comments

  1. 1. My thoughts and prayers are with you girlie!
    2. ALWAYS beautiful inspiring cards and journals! I can't get enough!
    3. Creating with my papers brings me the same sanity and peace.
    4. The Warehouse Sale is flippin awesome!! I am all over this!!!
    5. Your mother raised a beautiful woman...inside and out! Your kindness, thoughtfullness, and giving spirit on your blog is testimony of the kind sweet spirit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. my thoughts are always with you and Ivana this is really a beautiful cards and journals....I just love all of it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful work of art, Ivana! You are so talented, and such a beautiful person yourself. It reflects into your artwork.

    Whatever is going on that's stressing you, just know that I care and am praying for you... and I hope we WILL hear good news soon.

    Love and hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whatever you are facing, I hope you are strong enough to go through it. Face it and deal with it and move on :) This is my first time here and I have to say I love your work. No wonder you are on WP Design Team :) I am also your new follower, will definitely come again. Have a wonderful weekend, take care Ivana =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. wishing you a better week, ivana:) breathtaking projects here!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is stunning work, love the design and the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sending big warm hugs your way! I hope whatever is going on works out and uncovers a hidden blessing because of it. This mini album is just so stunning to look at, I get so much inspiration and so many ideas from all your little details! Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sending good thoughts your way. This storm shall pass and the sun will soon shine again.

    This project is gorgeous Ivana. As always, you work is outstanding!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely gorgeous work - each creation is amazing. Hugs - hope things work out

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ohhhh MY S.T.U.N.N.I.N.G!!! your cards are all STUNNING....
    Hope all gets better for you real soon!
    XXX

    ReplyDelete
  11. Soo lovely, I really enjoyed it. Very nice and inspirational cards
    Theyr a really pretty card, love such soft colours.Love the shabby details!
    with best wishes from Thailand.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment. I appreciate it so much!